Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

davros or anyone, can I ask a question about Gilly Baird

(12 Posts)
shey Tue 05-Jul-05 19:10:55

I was just looking at references for gilly baird and saw that you had seen her privately and very quickly. Would you have the phone nos etc of where to contact her. Thinking about it I think you had your diagnosis ages ago but just in case.....

Davros Wed 06-Jul-05 08:27:39

I'll have to look later Shey. It was 8 years ago! You could just look up The Newcomen Centre at Guy's Hospital and ask for her secretary, that should get her. She also works somewhere outside London, I can't rememebr where it is. I have always found contacting her at the Newcomen works fine. I might have another number somewhere, I'll look later.

Socci Thu 07-Jul-05 17:23:03

Message withdrawn

beccaboo Thu 07-Jul-05 23:06:40

We tried to see her privately last year, and were told she no longer does private work - but worth checking in case this has changed again. You can be referred via the NHS, but she only accepts referrals from a paediatrician, not a GP. Good luck.

shey Thu 07-Jul-05 23:18:02

Thanks so much, I will ring the number and see where I get.

RnB Fri 08-Jul-05 08:35:41

Message withdrawn

jayzmummy Fri 08-Jul-05 09:43:54

We tried about 4 months ago and Gilly Bairds secretary informed us that she doesnt take private referrals anymore. You need a local community Pead to refer you and your PCT to agree funding.....mine would not!!

Socci Fri 08-Jul-05 12:58:18

Message withdrawn

shey Fri 08-Jul-05 19:32:27

socci, did you go through the nhs or privately?

Socci Fri 08-Jul-05 21:57:20

Message withdrawn

shey Sat 09-Jul-05 21:30:37

did you self-refer or did your paed refer you?

Socci Sun 10-Jul-05 21:53:15

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: