Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

soooo does Eugene have AS?

(113 Posts)
Jimjams Mon 04-Jul-05 10:14:15

Big Brother of course.

My radar went off as soon as he opened his mouth and continues to go off. Lovely guy- far too nice for the BB house. He's described himself as a geek, just wondered whether there was more tooo it (my radar went off big time when after Kinga was evicted he said, trying to be nice, "hmm well maybe its just that you're a bit too much sometimes". Ow! Completely true, but definitely something she didn'[t need to hear.

Hope he wins! (but he won't)

MandM Mon 04-Jul-05 10:24:02

JimJams - I don't know about the AS, but he is my fave BB contestant EVER!!!!!

He is just so lovely and it is just hilarious when he tells his 'anecdotes' and then laughs at them himself!!!!!

Eugene to win!!!!!

Tinker Mon 04-Jul-05 10:27:07

Thought exactly the same JimJams.

MamaMaiasaura Mon 04-Jul-05 10:28:08

Wow, can see what you mean Jimjams. Think eugene is borderline in that area.

monica2 Mon 04-Jul-05 10:34:25

Oh I am so glad someone else has picked up on this, was chatting to RnB about this yesterday, but again just thought it may be me seeing traits in everyone IKWYM. In an interview his mum stated he had always been very different and liked collecting light bulbs as a child, he is an engineer I think too! The thing that struck me was when he was telling the others a story that he didn't edit at all in the normal way, about a first aid course he went on, everyone was waiting for the funny punchline but there wasn't one, the whole point of the story was that someone on the course shouted out their opinion instead of waiting until the tutor asked them for their opinion at the end!!! I hope he wins

Jimjams Mon 04-Jul-05 10:43:27

hee hee - I'm bad at seeing traits in everyone as well

Watch when he walks into the BB house and says hello to Kinga as well- an emulator if ever I saw one. I've asked a friend with AS to watch and see what he thinks (he's not usually into BB but I think I may have interested him enough to have a nose).

Jimjams Mon 04-Jul-05 10:44:37

that story was funny wasn't it- everyone else was sat there with fixed smiles on their face.

spots Mon 04-Jul-05 10:49:41

Does AS mean autistic spectrum? I wondered this...?

beccaboo Mon 04-Jul-05 10:52:59

AS can mean autistic spectrum, but usually means Aspergers Syndrome I think. I'm intrigued about Eugene now, will have to watch.

macwoozy Mon 04-Jul-05 11:45:37

Exactly what I thought, and especially when I heard his mum talk about his light bulb collection.

Donbean Mon 04-Jul-05 11:50:48

Ahhhh, i see.
I knew there was some thing but COULDNT put my finger on it, it makes perfect sense!

coppertop Mon 04-Jul-05 11:52:40

I haven't been watching BB but they are asking exactly the same question on another AS/ASD forum.

TheRealMrsF Mon 04-Jul-05 11:55:42

could this be the one and only time i ever watch Big Brother??? (never appealed to me up to now!!!!!!)

coppertop Mon 04-Jul-05 11:57:50

LOL MrsF! Sod train-spotting - we'll start trait-spotting instead.

TheRealMrsF Mon 04-Jul-05 12:19:31

oh!!!! CT!!!! There you go again WordPlaying again!!!

YOU are soooooooooooooo good at that!!!!

RTKangaMummy Mon 04-Jul-05 12:23:51

I love him

I don't know too much about specific traits

but think you could be right

the others I think will put him up this week though

Nominating right now

coppertop Mon 04-Jul-05 12:24:00

Surreal Mon 04-Jul-05 12:51:18

Message withdrawn

RTKangaMummy Mon 04-Jul-05 12:57:39

While he was in making nominations for a long long long time

They were all taking the mickey about how long his answers must be for him to have been in there soooooo long

Blossomhill Mon 04-Jul-05 13:10:32

Well I also thought this straight away. I think it's the way he goes on and on about certain subjects such as washing machines and first aid boxes and really cannot see just how bored everyone is around him.
I said to dh straight away I felt he had AS as he also seems uncomfortable at times when talking too. I also felt that him being an engineer as well also added to my theory.

I of course think he is great and felt so sad when he was crying for the task. Eugene to win!!!!

RTKangaMummy Mon 04-Jul-05 13:24:10

do you think it is aspergers then or on the spectrum?

Blossomhill Mon 04-Jul-05 13:26:16

RTKM - AS is on the autistic spectrum, just a milder form.

TheRealMrsF Mon 04-Jul-05 13:33:09

Mild?

RTKangaMummy Mon 04-Jul-05 13:37:21

so you mean aspergers?

Blossomhill Mon 04-Jul-05 15:37:08

Mrs F - After researching I thought that AS was a mild form of asd. As in AS people have the triad but milder, usually with a high IQ.
Please correct me if I am wrong!*

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now