Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Present ideas for 10yr old with Autism

(6 Posts)
THERESA Sun 03-Jul-05 19:05:54

One of our neighbours has a son whgo will be 10 next week and she's having a party for him. Any ideas for presents - about the £10-£15 mark

Davros Sun 03-Jul-05 19:16:33

Exercise ball, Nike do them, you can get them at Argos for £12 or cheaper in the sale. DS loves them, physical and sensory, he's got 3! Oh, and he's 10 in August. Also its not "rude" which can sometimes be the case if you buy something for a much younger age range. Some parents don't care but some do

tiffini Sun 03-Jul-05 19:21:15

Depends what level his Autism is, If he has any imaginative play maybe a superheros outfit, if not maybe some brightly coloured books.

THERESA Mon 04-Jul-05 17:15:50

Thank you. Davros that'saninteresting poiny about the 'age range' thing as i've been wary in the past about buying something with 'age 4 plus' or whatever on it. Intrigued by the excercise ball, have had a look thru argos catalogue & can't spot them, do you mean the great big gym balls?
Tiffini - he does like tearing along the street with his 'light saver' thing from star wars but he's a very big boy, not sure if I'd get an outfit to fit him, but may have a look

Davros Mon 04-Jul-05 19:01:21

Yeah, I mean a gym ball. DS has a Nike one, a bean-shaped one and one that looks like a football! If you could give it already inflated it would be good as he could get into it immediately. Also Space Hoppers are not as good as their use is too restricted imo and they can seem babyish.

TheRealMrsF Mon 04-Jul-05 20:01:10

GEOMAG is great too....and NOT a chemistry set...which my eldest son with ASperger's purchased for 50p at a fete on saturday!!!! (He was soooooooo proud...and to my dismay he'd bought a fantastic set...all complete...glass testubes the lot!!!! !!!! )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now