Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Rainman

(6 Posts)
Sax Sun 03-Jul-05 01:02:37

I know I should just turn it off, but its the first time I've seen it in years and with a recently dx asd boy of 4 i'm finding it really disturbing - why can't I just turn the damned thing off!
making me very

RnB Sun 03-Jul-05 01:05:53

Message withdrawn

Sax Sun 03-Jul-05 01:32:41

Sorry about that, its finished thank God!!!! Shouldn't have watched it but felt the need.

Davros Sun 03-Jul-05 12:00:45

I've never seen it and never want to. Its supposed to be a very good film but I couldn't take it I managed to miss it before I had DS and now I have him I usually avoid things like this, too upsetting.

Sax Sun 03-Jul-05 20:59:04

Thanks Davros, it was too upsetting, I should never have watched it, ended up me having a panic attack and having a very wobbly night because of it even though ds1 vhf which doesn't related to rainmand, just the traits are unmistakable and it made me feel very alone and having to face an awful reality!!!!!!

beccaboo Sun 03-Jul-05 21:40:05

I saw it years ago and can't remember that much about it. The thing that lodged in my brain is that Tom Cruise dropped a box of matches and Dustin Hoffman's character instantly knew that there were one hundred and thirty two matches (or whatever the number was) on the floor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now