Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Oh and to add another string to my bow...

(6 Posts)
Blossomhill Sat 02-Jul-05 20:22:10

I am going on a befriender course. It is run by our borough and basically I will be helping people who are just going through the first steps/route of dx.
You meet for an hour for a coffee. If you meet in a coffee shop then it is paid for my the council. We will also be going on a course first of all. All very exciting. Could have done with a befriender myself 4 years ago.
Oh and 1 last thing! Start my NVQ 2 in childcare and am hoping to work with statemented children when I qualify. You lot will never see me as I'll be soooo busy

beansprout Sat 02-Jul-05 20:23:17

Nice one BH, hope it all goes well

coppertop Sat 02-Jul-05 21:14:36

Wow! Well done, BH. When does the befriender course start? It all sounds very interesting.

I'm a nosey b*gger, aren't I?

eidsvold Sat 02-Jul-05 22:59:24

that sounds great BH.... both the befriender and the childcare course.

Blossomhill Sat 02-Jul-05 23:01:09

ct - should start in September. Just hope I can be of some use...

Eidsvold - it will just be nice to hopefully help someone. Makes you feel good inside

Davros Sun 03-Jul-05 12:02:13

Excellent BH, just make sure you don't find yourself doing TOO many things as they can build up. Be prepared to selectively drop something once you've done your bit. I had to do this a few years ago and I think I'm about to do it again! I will be keeping MN as part of my "SN activities" tho!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now