Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The F****** LEA part 4

(18 Posts)
JakB Fri 01-Jul-05 22:11:02

At least, I think it's part 4...
We meet next Friday. Myself, DH and the three other families who have children with autism and SLD and no appropriate school place.
Very nervous.

Chocol8 Fri 01-Jul-05 23:34:31

It is only now that I have been through one of these meetings that I can appreciate how stressful they are, so you have my total sympathy Jak.

I just hope that after part 4 there isn't a bloody sequel. The very best of luck. x

RnB Sat 02-Jul-05 12:57:23

Message withdrawn

chonky Sat 02-Jul-05 14:00:17

I've everything crossed for you and the other families JakB

Davros Sat 02-Jul-05 15:40:32

Agree, no sequel, we want a happy ending!

monica2 Sat 02-Jul-05 18:12:54

We'll be keeping everything crossed for you JakB x

pixel Fri 08-Jul-05 16:23:19

Jak, did you have your meeting today? I hope everything went ok for you.

maddiemo Fri 08-Jul-05 16:30:20

Hope you got some sensible answers fom your LEA.

JakB Fri 08-Jul-05 21:10:54

So stressed I don't think I can post properly until tomorrow. Really stressful meeting. No real conclusions
1:1 in Early Years class but no specific ASD provision at the school with the fab unit (there is one place but they won't allocate it to one of the children because they know the other parents will go straight to tribunal).
Or, a place in a new ASD class they are going to set up in two months (!) at the other school. 4 children, one teacher, two TAs. But I'm nervous about this. It's not a known entity. The school does not have a good history with ASD children.
I think we'll end up at tribunal.
What a week. DD not at all well, either, with, we think, very severe constipation. In agony. Spent half the day at the LEA and half at A&E!
This and an awful day yesterday for our country. Still to hear from one friend

JakB Fri 08-Jul-05 21:13:04

ps Did manage to get our complaint about the way we have been treated across.

Jimjams Fri 08-Jul-05 22:32:53

JakB

Blossomhill Fri 08-Jul-05 22:35:23

JakB - Oh sorry you have all this sh*t to deal with right now. I just really feel for you, a very worrying time
Poor dd too, hope she feels better soon

Hugs and sending masses of positive vibes your way Blossom xxxxxx

Socci Fri 08-Jul-05 22:39:31

Message withdrawn

MotherEve Fri 08-Jul-05 23:03:25

Hope you get the provision you need.

Davros Sat 09-Jul-05 08:41:46

Oh dear Jak, shame it isn't sorted. I know what you mean about not wanting to be the first to try out a new provision, it was a good time before DS's school looked anything like a real school and waited. As for constipation, you are probably v experienced in what to do, but do you give her paraffin oil?

jayzmummy Sat 09-Jul-05 09:02:47

Sorry that things are not good on the LEA front. having fought my battles I know how annoying it can be. Persevere and you will get there in the end.

Constipation.....J suffered badly with this until we saw the nutritionalist at BIBIC and she suggested Pineapple Juice mixed 50/50 with water.
It worked for us and it is all J drinks now. Apparently there are enzymes in the pineapple that help to break food down in the gut and help with softening motions. Good luck....its a horible painful thing for little 'uns when they cant go.

RnB Sat 09-Jul-05 09:08:47

Message withdrawn

MABS Sat 09-Jul-05 17:33:31

shit Jakb, I'll email you, this is just a total nightmare for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now