Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

RDI - I'm very impressed and hopeful now

(11 Posts)
RnB Fri 01-Jul-05 14:28:57

Message withdrawn

Socci Fri 01-Jul-05 17:49:29

Message withdrawn

Saker Fri 01-Jul-05 18:55:49

RnB

I have found this very interesting. My Ds2 is not autistic but some of the stuff in the bit you have posted about speech seems to apply to him. Like at the moment he is talking non-stop but it's not all very meaningful. Did they say anything about the relevance of the programme to non-autistic kids? I have borrowed the book from the library but it doesn't really look like something you can dabble in. But then it's also difficult to know whether to commit to it especially as Ds2 does not have an ASD diagnosis. Would be grateful for anything you have learned about general relevance to SN kids.

monica2 Fri 01-Jul-05 19:34:13

RnB can't wait to hear more about this, emailed the newletter non verbal info to JakB this morning too! I have also been on the UK chat page and there is talk of parents paying a RDI consultant to come to the UK to assess their child, do you know if this is the case and if so the cost? Also on the connections web site there was an announcement re UK/Europe parent training next year, I have emailed them twice and received a reply stating no formal dates have been set yet, did they mention anything about this?

From the books I have read RDI has been used for children with social and communication difficulties so I would assume it is not just for ASD people. There are also many families using it alongside ABA type therapies.

Will see you on Sunday RnB, hope you are feeling better

RnB Fri 01-Jul-05 19:55:51

Message withdrawn

monica2 Fri 01-Jul-05 20:47:17

RnB just spoken to dh about this and we are definitely interested/excited/euphoric hope you are well enough for sunday honey xx

(also had a long chat with Supervisor S today, think some of your enthusiasm re RDI has rubbed off on her and Consultant P!!! at last!!!)

RnB Fri 01-Jul-05 20:58:11

Message withdrawn

JakB Fri 01-Jul-05 21:53:45

Yes, supervisor S has been very positive about RDI and we are going to investigate for DD. Glad you had such a great experience, RnB X

Jimjams Sat 02-Jul-05 15:16:48

Thanks for posting this RnB-0 and taking so long to reply about the non-verbal bit. We've been talking thins week (dh and I that is!) and are keen to introduce some RDI.

Anyone managed to find cheap beanbags? I've found crap ones but not cheap ones! And what are those suitcase thingies of props like?

Davros Sat 02-Jul-05 15:39:06

Jimjams did you have a good time? How was DS1 without you? Do you mean beanbags you can sit on? I got quite good, cheap ones in ToysRUs.

RnB Sun 03-Jul-05 18:59:58

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now