Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Can we all do this for a meet up???

(13 Posts)
jayzmummy Thu 30-Jun-05 12:17:19

This would be fun and I for one will be there.
so who can make it?

Blossomhill Thu 30-Jun-05 16:06:03

Does your child have to have an asd to go though?

jayzmummy Thu 30-Jun-05 16:23:54

It does say on the link "all friends are invited".

Blossomhill Thu 30-Jun-05 16:28:00

Well I'd be really interested

Chocol8 Thu 30-Jun-05 17:11:19

So would I (however it falls on the anniversary of my Mum's death).

On the NAS site, I noticed an interview with Jude, the head of the Spa School featured in Make Me Normal on C4 last month - it's very good (and made me cry, for some reason).

Thanks for bringing it to our attention Jayzmummy. x

jayzmummy Thu 30-Jun-05 17:26:02

Your more than welcome....I just hope that most of you can make it because its not often I can escape the moor!!! It just so happens that this event is being held when we were going to be around the capital and I would love to meet up with you all.

RnB Thu 30-Jun-05 21:17:36

Message withdrawn

monica2 Thu 30-Jun-05 21:55:42

We will defo be coming to this, sounds like a great day, we are only one hour from London but am ashamed to say we have never taken dd/ds, think this type of event may be a lot more manageable for dd. It would be really good for her to see a positive side to autism too as she is still negative about all the difficulties it causes her, thanks so much Jayzmummy I would never have found out about this (I am really crap at finding out about things like this)

Thomcat Thu 30-Jun-05 21:59:02

It's already in my diary and I plan to be there.

anniebear Thu 30-Jun-05 22:00:43

Is a bit of a strange title RnB, I agree

If somebody had a 'celebrate Meningitis day' I would think it a very odd title when I nearly lost my child to it and now has SN!!

Don't think 'celebrate' is quite the word I would have chosen

JakB Fri 01-Jul-05 07:31:53

Thanks jayzmummy, will definitely make this one.

Davros Fri 01-Jul-05 19:25:28

I think its a good thing and the "celebrate" idea is OK in this context, to reach as many people as possible and not make it some downer. But I have expressed my own difficulty in actually being able to go due to DS's challenging behaviour (and I only live 20 mins away!) and that I would still probably find it a stressful event, even though it is autism-friendly and run by the NAS. Someone else at the meeting I was at said that, for those who can go, they can represent all those who can't. On the whole I think its a good thing and something they are trying for the first time, with a view to maybe having more than one and around the country as its also hard for people living far away. I may attempt it.... will wait and see!

coppertop Fri 01-Jul-05 19:37:05

As usual I'll try my best but can't make any promises. One of these days I'll make it to an SN meet-up...........

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: