Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Adult Football Boots with VELCRO??? Do they exist? Needed for my Autistic Son.

(8 Posts)
TheRealMrsF Tue 28-Jun-05 23:33:12

Is there such thing as velcro footie boots in a size 5/38????
(or zipped ones???)

Or alternitively...what do YOU all do when your boys who cannot tie laces due to poor motor skills...go up to secondary school and HAVE to do football????

I bought some 'bungy laces' before...and he hated them....

Fio2 Tue 28-Jun-05 23:43:33

doesnt david beckham wear velcro ones, not that i should know of course but I am sure he does, heaven knows how much they cost though

TheRealMrsF Tue 28-Jun-05 23:50:09

i've seen some that have the tongue velcro'd down..so as to not interfere with the ball etc
(have a feeling that CT will be in here soon with some smut about tongues and interferring with balls!!!)

Chuffed Wed 29-Jun-05 15:04:56

Could you use one of those clips that tighten a string like on a backpack on the laces and then have the velcro tongue cover so no-one knows his laces aren't 'tied'.

TheRealMrsF Wed 29-Jun-05 16:49:58

that is a BRILLIANT idea!!!!!

Thankyou!

that means i can just buy him a basic pair of boots...i was worried i'd end up having to pay out loads - i don't even know how he'll get on with PE at secondary...so your idea sounds a simple yet effective idea!!!

Janh Wed 29-Jun-05 17:02:28

Mrs F, is there a big Sports Soccer near you? They have billions of different boots, there might be something which would do anyway - worth a look. I thought I'd seen some with elastic under the flap but DS1 says no - must have dreamt it. I suppose they need to be fastened firmly to support the foot.

Size 5 is still youths btw, they go up to 5½-6 so you can get 'em cheaper for a bit longer yet

Loobie Wed 29-Jun-05 19:18:06

Another idea which we do with ds1 shoes is to thread and tie them with elastic laces so he just needs to stretch out the shoe and slide it on,they still look like normal laces but the stretch open rather than have to be tied and untied.We also have these probs as he is now age 9 size 3 shoe so getting very difficult to find velcro shoes

coppertop Wed 29-Jun-05 19:20:57

<sneaks in to snigger at MrsF's description of balls and tongues>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now