Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

had to share this with you......

(5 Posts)
anniebear Mon 27-Jun-05 19:51:16

we were at SN Toy Library today and one of the helpers came into the Parents Coffee lounge to tell me that Grace had told her that "Ellie doesnt understand properly, because she has a poorly brain, she has a shunt in to get rid of the water"!!

She also told one of the helpers who was squeezing a toy loud horn not to do it as it frightens Chloe (little girl, visually impaired, doesnt like loud noises)!!!

Arrrrrrrrrrhh!! I was very proud of her, she is only 3!!

Blossomhill Mon 27-Jun-05 20:08:45

Oh Annie where do you live? I knew a little girl who was visually impaired and she moved last year (I know it's a long shot but could be her?)

Bless little Grace she sounds adorable. My ds has always been fantastic with dd and has helped her come along so much. His patience and his general way with her blows me away at times!

Blossomhill Mon 27-Jun-05 20:09:10

Her name was also Chloe

dizzymama Mon 27-Jun-05 20:13:39

Hi anniebear, that's so sweet of her, speaks volumes for her upbringing! This reminds me of a story from school (I teach!) x was talking to his SA and had to answer a test question but couldn't find his pencil. Y (a really gorgeous lad with cerebal palsy)was walking past and offered him his pencil to answer the question, to which X (who is autistic) replied 'Thanks Y........<searches for a compliment as he has been taught to do> your walking is OK!!!!!' PMSL [gin]

dizzymama Mon 27-Jun-05 20:14:08

PMSl again [gin]!!!!
I meant

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now