Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Side-effect of melatonin or just coincidence??

(8 Posts)
Bethron Fri 24-Jun-05 11:12:08

Message withdrawn

Davros Fri 24-Jun-05 11:17:54

Sorry to hear about crap week Bethron. I've never heard of this side effect but that doesn't mean anything! Melatonin is ineffective with DS, it just doesn't work, no other effects iyswim. Can you contact Paed?

anniebear Fri 24-Jun-05 11:23:04

Hiya Bethron

It may just be a coincidence, I have never heard of any side effects from it. But there is no harm checking with your Paed

Just a shame it didnt work for us! BIG SHAME!

Hope he is ok soon, will e mail you when I am not waffling away on here!! lol

Bethron Fri 24-Jun-05 11:30:28

Message withdrawn

Bethron Fri 24-Jun-05 14:16:13

Message withdrawn

Bethron Fri 24-Jun-05 14:16:38

Message withdrawn

Loobie Fri 24-Jun-05 20:24:50

Ds has been on melatonin now for about a year and a half and has never had any side effects from it,but as someone else said that doesnt mean to say there arent any. I have also taken it myself and never had any side effects from it so personally i think i would be inclined to go with that it had just been a coincidence or maybe his body reacting in shock to actually having some sleep LOL !
We started off having it prescribed from the paed and having to col;lect it from the hospital pharmacy,but now our gp has taken over the prescription for it and i can get it from our local pharmacy,i think though that its only the writing of the script the gp does cause if there is any discussion of meds its done with the paed.

Bethron Sat 25-Jun-05 18:30:04

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now