Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Info on Toilet Training Children with SN

(11 Posts)
Davros Fri 24-Jun-05 10:38:40

Two sources of info:

Enuriesis Resource and Information Centre has a number of publications which may be useful for parents attempting to toilet train children with special needs (how about sending round some volunteers with a mop? )
ERIC, 34 Old School House, Britannia Road, Bristol BS15 8BD, Tel: 0117 9603060 or email info@eric.org.uk

The NAS produces a fact sheet "toilet training" which looks at toilet training programmes in details and includes info on smearing, for more info phone 020 7833 9666 or email nas@nas.org.uk, prob get info from website too, may be able to download fact sheet www.nas.org.uk Can't get link to work.

Saker Fri 24-Jun-05 10:54:16

Thanks Davros, that might be very useful as the summer time approaches as I told myself I would start potty training then (back in the depths of winter when it seemed a long way off .

dottee Fri 24-Jun-05 11:06:42

Ooooh - can I plug these ? I think they are brilliant and they're the idea (and shop) of my dd's teacher.

I hope it's not too cheeky but she did have a good recommendation on MN a couple of weeks ago for her reward coins and I love the 'poo in the potty' board. Pity it wasn't around when my two were being toilet trained although I'm tempted to get a 'poo' one now as dd (with SN) has started messing again (about twice a week) and she's 13.

Davros Fri 24-Jun-05 11:16:48

Excellent Dottee, I'm going to get some for DD, I'm also "working up to it" (avoiding it!)

anniebear Fri 24-Jun-05 11:25:27

Thnaks Davros

We have had Ellies nappie off in the garden and she is aware when she is weeing, will have a look at that site

Just a shame she did the hugest sausage on the front room floor yesterday!!! But on the positive side, she did tell me "poo" and was all concerned looking at it...then again...so was I!!!!!!!!

anniebear Fri 24-Jun-05 11:28:02

They look really good Dottee

anniebear Fri 24-Jun-05 12:22:33

Hve had an e mail back already off the Enuriesis Resource and Information Centre

they are sending me an info pack

Thanks so much Davros, they seemed very nice and have given me a help line number which I can ring anytime for advice

jules27 Fri 24-Jun-05 13:03:14

H Davros, info lookes good ,will contact the ERIcentre.
We have been training T all week and slow going . He seems to slow his drinking down in the day time so as not to wee to much and then drink loads at night ,when he then gets to wear a nanny .Now the weather has broken i can stop worrying so much about him drinking as much, so this week we are going to cut down his drink in the evening and up it in the day .Slow and steady.
Annie bear, DS did a hugh one on the new decking and just kept looking at it, whilst partner had a fit.. lol.. "DO WE HAVE TO HAVE HIM OUT OF NAPPYS "HE SHOUTED, "yes we do" i said back watching DS just looking a this hugh thing.. !!!!!!

dottee Fri 24-Jun-05 14:42:32

Just been talking to dd's teacher and she says thanks for all the hits.

She didn't know about ERIC and has contacted them.

dottee Sat 25-Jun-05 13:12:53

May I just let you know about this as well. Dd's teacher knows the Buppy lady and has put me in touch with her. She's going to make me some seat pads to protect our furniture whilst dd is in her wetting stage. So I'd better get measuring for the pads to be made in time for the summer holidays.

dottee Sat 25-Jun-05 13:38:44

Just sent measurements to Jen (Buppy) and she's replied saying:

Just to mention that i have a 20% off everything promotion running untill sunday feel free ;) the code that you need to put in when you check out is buppyrnw min spend of £15 and free postage is included within the uk.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now