Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

radar loo keys

(18 Posts)
fishfinger Thu 23-Jun-05 20:05:52

I ahve one for reasons too complicated to expain but entirely legtimate
how do normal poeple get them ( ie not fishes)

lou33 Thu 23-Jun-05 20:07:03

you can buy them through the radar site or from teh council i believe (still haven't gotten round to sorting one, but have been researching)

Chocol8 Thu 23-Jun-05 21:17:05

Have been wondering about this. As ds gets older (and taller) it is difficult for me to take him with me to the ladies loos when we are out. A radar key was suggested - do you know the website by any chance Lou? I'll try a quick Google.

misdee Thu 23-Jun-05 21:17:43

i have one, somewhere.

lou33 Thu 23-Jun-05 21:23:37

i just googled radar national key scheme

Jimjams Thu 23-Jun-05 21:26:19

I need one as well- think that everytime I go out.

onlyjoking Thu 23-Jun-05 21:44:20

i have one from local council office, you just need to show your blue badge, i have one because if i am out with my three it is difficult if one needs the loo or if i do, i mean it's not like i can leave them outside the loo and also my DS is now 8 and big for his age and it is difficult to take him in the womens loo and even worse at swimming where they say no boys over 8 in the womens changing rooms.

Fio2 Fri 24-Jun-05 08:01:21

totally agree jimjams especially when ds wants the loo aswell and I have to get the major buggy up steps into the loo. Mind you little bugger keeps going in public loos now and locking the door behind him

heartinthecountry Fri 24-Jun-05 09:53:48

On the subject of loos - anyone got any tips on what you do with a child who is not yet toilet trained, too big for changing tables, but also cannot stand up, if they need to be changed when out and about. dd is getting too heavy for those flip down changing tables and I hate the idea of having to lay her down on the floor of some public toilet....

Davros Fri 24-Jun-05 09:54:52

I've got 3, recommend getting more than one so DD or DS can have one with them out and about, even for school trips. Very good as they get older too as I said on another thread, our children seem to be mostly boys who spend a lot of time with their mums or female/helpers/teachers etc and you can't keep taking them in the Ladies.

fishfinger Fri 24-Jun-05 09:56:09

wow davros and htey are whopping keys too! I let a disabled old lady into a loo att he beach yesterday with mine.

Davros Fri 24-Jun-05 10:01:41

I don't carry all 3 around! They are in different bags, mine and DS has a school bag and a "play" bag

fishfinger Fri 24-Jun-05 10:02:00

youd look like a jailor!

Blossomhill Fri 24-Jun-05 10:06:06

HITC - can you not lay dd across your lap on her tummy? That's what I used to do a lot with my 2 when they were younger. Not sure how practical that is but thought I would suggest it!

heartinthecountry Fri 24-Jun-05 11:14:42

Hmm - could try that BH - but she is a right wriggler! thanks for the idea.

lou33 Fri 24-Jun-05 11:31:37

similar probs here with ds2 hitc

QueenEagle Fri 24-Jun-05 11:48:51

This card was "invented" by my dd. They can help you to obtain radar keys too.

Fio2 Fri 24-Jun-05 11:48:52

how about taking one of those wipeable mats that you put under a highchair? then you could lay it down on the floor without worrying aboiut germs, then just wipe it down later?

dd isnt toilet trained either, it is a nightmare! I do change her on the backseat of the car usually when we are out, its just if you are not by the car isnt it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now