Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Aint no stopping her now!!!

(8 Posts)
eidsvold Thu 23-Jun-05 05:07:14

Dd1 has had her walker for about 2 weeks and already is walking everywhere. In fact she is reluctant to use the walker anymore. I take it with us if we are going somewhere she has to walk a distance - just to give her a little support and to stop her getting too tired.

It almost makes me cry watching her walk around the house. It seems strange sometimes to watch her walk since she bumshuffled and commando crawled for sooo long.

Her favourite game now is to in the hallway and peek around the doorway of the kitchen and shout BOO or HELLO at me when I am doing something inthe kitchen. SHe does this about three or four times - each timelaughing madly thinking she is sooo clever.

She has had her orthotic inserts for about 4 days and they have also made such a difference in her walking. Her stance had narrowed and she is standing with her feet so much closer together.

I just can't believe how she has taken to walking. Even her physio is amazed how well she is doing in such a short time. I thought she would take to it but not as quickly as she has - I could see how much she loved walking her doll's pram around the house.... am so glad I nagged the physio about a walker and shoe inserts - they have just been brilliant.

Okay enough raving - I am just soooo pleased for dd1 - to see the joy she is getting out of walking makes me glad and proud to be her mum

Bouj Thu 23-Jun-05 05:30:01

That's so lovely, you made me all teary! You must be so proud. Just saw the pic of her as well - I could so imagine her shouting 'Boo'!

Davros Thu 23-Jun-05 09:11:36

Wow, that's lovely news Eidsvold. You can really track the changes when you take the walker "just in case".

SoupDragon Thu 23-Jun-05 12:25:55

jenkins88 Thu 23-Jun-05 13:49:51

DD1 sounds adorable eidsvold. It's lovely to hear that she's doing so well.

Fio2 Thu 23-Jun-05 14:16:28

awww bless her i am so happy for you eidsvold, It seemed like an age before my dd walked and I was so scared she never would (we were told she wouldnt)

eidsvold Thu 23-Jun-05 22:47:51

Fio that is fab - isn't it great when our kids defy the predictions!!!

Caroline5 Thu 23-Jun-05 23:00:23

That's great - glad she has really taken to it. My dd2 likes to play boo opening and closing the door too!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: