Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Just got in from review meeting

(7 Posts)
meea Tue 21-Jun-05 11:54:06

What a waste of F**** time.

According to nursery and the inclusion worker ds2 is an angel with no problems.

They see no evidence of the behaviour we cope with on a daily basis.

The inclusion worker isn't going to see him again unless nursery have concerns.

His paed canceled at the last minute so was left on my own with no back up.

I have no idea where to go from here .

Anybody got any ideas how to find a good phycologist locally we are in Sheffield.

I don't care about nursery anymore I will keep him at home if I have to.
But I really need help to cope with him at home.

Davros Tue 21-Jun-05 19:28:11

Can you video the behaviour? There is nothing like people seeing it with their own eyes. Borrow a camera if you have to. I know you then have to get them to look at it but at least you can say you can show them, even if they don't look. I know DS inside out and DH had been telling me that DS had been hitting him for a while but I'd never caught him doing it. I was dumbfounded when I actually saw it, it was really terrible and much worse than I could have imagined, so these people who "don't want to see" have no chance. SOrry if this isn't helpful.

coppertop Tue 21-Jun-05 19:32:38

I agree with getting video evidence if you can. Ds2 was almost angelic during his assessment but the video I made of his play skills (or lack thereof) and meltdowns gave them a much more accurate view of what he is usually like.

Sorry it's all turned out like this. It must be so bl**dy frustrating for you.

anniebear Tue 21-Jun-05 19:34:09

Isnt it ridiculas

We have just had a lady round from the Complex SN team, she was really good but hasn't met Ellie yet but is going to go into School to see her.

She will also see an Angel ! A gorgeous cute 3 year old that everyone wants to take home, quite different from the Child at home who screams at me, hits herself so hard etc etc

They should know they may see a different child in School

Sorry not much use to you!!!

Fio2 Tue 21-Jun-05 19:36:23

my daughter also only "use to" present behavioural problems at home. She now does some at school but still only self injurs at home. they are so ignorant. i am so sorry meaa you are going through this i know hula baby works in education and lives in shefield thats about it. i hope you find someone soon, you poor thing

meea Tue 21-Jun-05 21:17:57

Thanks everyone.

I am going to try and video his behaviours and see if I can get someone to watch them.

At the end we were asked what we wanted from the inclusion worker so I said that we wanted someone to make sure that M continues to make progress. His responce was that monitoring his progress is nurseries job and they will contact him if they have concerns.

So I guess our concerns are unimportant.
I have left a message for the paed to contact me as things can't continue like they are .I have just about reached breaking point and being made to feel like it is all in my head isn't helping.

TheRealMrsF Tue 21-Jun-05 21:51:56

<Hugs>

And....just to say that yet another case of the Professionals listening to each other....and not to the parent!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now