Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Should i Be Worried About Ds2?

(6 Posts)
BeauticianNotMagician Thu 12-Nov-09 20:06:11

Ds1 was recently diagnosed with asd.Today a health visitor came round just to see how he is doing and we started talking about ds2.I commented how nursery have been a bit concerned with him as he is a very clumsy child and constantly falling over.She started asking me about his speech and i said that he is very loud screeches a lot and finds some words hard to say.She advised me to take him to the gp and to expect a referral to the edwin lobo centre.Im so worried now.Im scared i may not have picked up on something because im so busy woorying about ds1 all the time.

cyberseraphim Thu 12-Nov-09 20:11:53

How old is DS2 - Have you had any concerns before this was mentioned ? It's obviously not impossible that there is something to look at but on the other hand, the HV may just be being over cautious because of DS1 - I know someone who had this situation, that her DS2 was over analysied due to her DS1 being ASD. I think your views are going to be more useful than an HV's

BeauticianNotMagician Thu 12-Nov-09 20:26:31

Ds2 is 3.6 i havent had any major concerns but like i say a lot of my attention is taken up with ds1.Ds2 has been quite slow in learning a lot of things toilet training etc which i thought would maybe a bit better as he has an older brother.Ds2 has always been very clumsy and i wouldnt have expected any feedback from his last nursery as they were useless and didnt even pick up on ds1s asd.However,Ds2 started a new nursery in september and they have expressed some concern over the amount of accidents he has there.He has practically filled their accident book in one term.

BeauticianNotMagician Thu 12-Nov-09 20:28:26

Gosh it sounds like i ignore ds2.I dont but unfortunately im a single parent and have to deal with all of ds1s daily meltdowns on my own.

cyberseraphim Thu 12-Nov-09 20:42:57

I sympathise with your situation - I worry that I spend too much time on DS1 compared to DS1 but if you have not had major concerns before 3.6 it's most likely that there are not any really big issues to look at . Maybe talk to the nursery yourself before anything is taken further ?

BeauticianNotMagician Thu 12-Nov-09 20:47:40

Thank you Cyberserahim.I have spoken to the nursery and they did suggest that a visit to the doctor may be advisable.Hopefully it will turn out to be nothing other than a clumsy ds2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now