Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

OMG - dd1 just asked me a proper question!

(10 Posts)
silverfrog Wed 11-Nov-09 11:42:36

A real proper one! grin

I was sitting with dd2, showing her a new baby arrival card I got this morning form my brother & SIL

"look, dd2, it's a picture of your cousin. Uncle XXXX's baby, blah, blah, etc"

<appreciative noises from dd2, more about the card than the baby>

dd1 wanders up, and says "it's a baby. where's my photos of school?" shock shock shock

AND then, when I told her where they are (upstairs, on top of the piano) she went off to find them.

shock shock and grin grin grin

her first proper, contextual question grin

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 11-Nov-09 12:27:27

Congrats! grin

MmeLindt Wed 11-Nov-09 12:28:19

Congratulations, you must be chuffed to bits.

busybeingmum Wed 11-Nov-09 12:49:14

Message withdrawn

Marne Wed 11-Nov-09 16:15:51

Wow thats brilliant Silver frog grin.

silverfrog Wed 11-Nov-09 16:19:19

thanks everyone. it's such a small thing really to get so excited over, but it is massive for dd1 (and by extension me).

the bit that got me really excited was that her intonation was absolutely spot on. It was a casual enquiry, and she said it in such an offhand "oh, that reminds me, I've been meaning to ask" kind of way.

It was only after she'd trotted off to get them that I realised just how natural a conversation it had been, iyswim.

waitingforgodot Wed 11-Nov-09 17:55:40

Fantastic!!!

cyberseraphim Wed 11-Nov-09 19:50:47

That's great !! As you say so normal/natural yet so profoundly important in language development

5inthebed Wed 11-Nov-09 20:02:29

Woohoo, well one silvertadpole grin

DS2 has finally managed to start asking WHO's that as opposed to the What's that when we are meeting new people. Makes all the difference!

sphil Wed 11-Nov-09 20:58:03

That's amazing!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now