Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Could you join my campaign against disability hate crimes on the AIBU thread, I need you lovely ladies' support!

(14 Posts)
sickofsocalledexperts Wed 11-Nov-09 11:00:12

Enough is enough. After poor Fiona Pilkington burned herself and her disabled daugher to death rather than continue to face the feral hooligans who were daily making their lives a misery (calling her SLD daughter Francesca "Frankenstein" every time she walked out the door to colleage); after the mother who died last week protecting her LD son from a fire, caused by the bullying hooligans who she'd been trying to shield him from for years, and now watching on TV last night about the yobs making Asher Nardone and her severely disabled son's life a misery, even jeering as she muscles his poor broken body into the car each day, could we all call on politicians to make disablity hate crimes as outlawed and punishable as race hate crimes. Cautions and slaps on the wrist mean nothing to these animalistic, ill-parented teenagers. Please come and lend your name to my mini campaign?

Davros Wed 11-Nov-09 11:12:33

YES! I can't believe it isn't taken as seriously. How do we go about it? Petition on 10 Downing St or something else? We've had notes through the door and knocks from people complaining about our DS making noises and I've instructed DH to keep anything, even ask the people to put it in writing to "help" us and then I've got 'em! And that is absolutely NOTHING by comparison, just a bit of ignorance and intolerance.

sickofsocalledexperts Wed 11-Nov-09 11:19:08

Davros, I reckon if we get enough responses on mumsnet, we have a petition that politicians will take seriously. Just look at Gordon Brown taking an hour out of his day to chat on mumsnet, it's clearly a real power! And if we all mention David Cameron on the posts, I reckon his aides will be looking politically for responses to his appearance on last night's prog, and his (good) passport idea?

5inthebed Wed 11-Nov-09 11:19:22

I totally agree

2shoes Wed 11-Nov-09 11:40:02

of course I am in, having had harrasment for 3 years(small fry compred to what these familys have suffered, and now stopped as ds is so big) I have an understanding of the feelings people feel.

sickofsocalledexperts Wed 11-Nov-09 11:44:56

2shoes, I didn't know you were also going through this, I am so sorry. We need to get big numbers of responses on mumsnet in order for Cameron/Brown to take it seriously. If you are around today, can you help me keep it active in AIBU, as I have to go out for an hour or two at 1pm?

2shoes Wed 11-Nov-09 12:00:46

ours was more ds being targeted , but they used dd to get at him, they also targeted dh(can't go into why as it is his stuff iynwim) it has stopped now, but there were times when I hated my own house and was scared to go in the garded in case it kicked off again...
I can imagine the fear these people felt.

Davros Wed 11-Nov-09 12:06:50

How about a thread just to post "case studies", i.e. genuine experiences. People can name change if they want? Easier to direct someone to separate thread.
What I am thinking out of all this is that fear, pain and safety worries are just unmanageable sad

sickofsocalledexperts Wed 11-Nov-09 12:12:38

I think anon case studies would be great on the AIBU thread Davros, as it's sheer numbers of responses I think we need on that one thread in order to get a head of steam. You know like people used to deliver petitions with 1000s of signatures at No 10 Downing Street, this could be the mumsnet equivalent and then we coudl ask David Cameron on for a webchat about it (bet he'd say yes, if only to get one up on Gordon and biscuit-gate!). Or maybe Gordon himself would take an interest, given his son with CF?

eslaymum Wed 11-Nov-09 12:19:08

Count me in,with you all the way.It would be great if we could make a difference!!

2shoes Wed 11-Nov-09 12:46:28

davros, oh that would be fun.
I posted on here the day my fun strted, I got ripped to shreads.....why cos people objected to a word i used.
(looking at the AIBU thread, it will most likely happen there as well.

sarah293 Wed 11-Nov-09 14:41:44

Message withdrawn

borderslass Wed 11-Nov-09 17:11:39

Definitely my son had his mouth slashed at 8 by a little shit who was only 7 so police could only 'have a word with him' it wasn't the first time he was targeted at 5 he was out with his big sister when same kid shoved him into underpass wall and scraped all his face and legs daughter who was 8 got hurt trying to protect him. His mothers attitude was it wasn't him, it only started because he started attending the special unit attached to the local primary school after this he wouldn't leave the house on his own and has become needle phobic as they tried to hold him down to stitch him in the end he was admitted twice, once to get the stitches and again to get them removed.Daughters have also been bullied because of his disabilities.

sickofsocalledexperts Wed 11-Nov-09 17:41:35

God, that is awful for you and DC borderslass. What scum!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now