Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Ds2's phobia's are getting worse

(8 Posts)
Curiousmama Tue 10-Nov-09 08:49:08

Ds2 ...who's 9 and in year 4...has some learning difficulties but never had any type of diagnosis. He can read and write etc and is good at numeracy, it's just he doesn't always get things as quickly as he should for his age. In other ways he's very clever, especially practically. DS1 is very bright, gifted and talented according to school, but I know who I'd trust to get me from A to B wink

Ds2 has had a phobia about buttons for years. He'll wear his polo shirt for school but used to tuck his collar right in to avoid 'seeing' the button. He doesn't tuck it in now so that's some progress and I have managed to get him to play with a button. The trouble is his phobia seems to have been replaced with another one...brown food! He's even stopped eating flour tortillas because of the 'brown bits' on them.
I don't know what to do? Do I just hope it goes away? He used to be under a paediatrician so maybe I should go and see her?

claw3 Tue 10-Nov-09 10:40:43

My ds has lots and lots of phobias and anxieties, food, water and even babies now!

I think talking to someone about it, sounds like a good idea.

cocolepew Tue 10-Nov-09 10:43:02

I would as for someone to speak to him. If he replaces one phobia with another he needs someone to help him overcome this.

Good luck.

Curiousmama Tue 10-Nov-09 17:14:46

Thanks I'll take him back to his paediatrician, she's lovely. He also does a lot of throat clearing. The GP said it's a habit.

Curiousmama Tue 10-Nov-09 17:23:54

meant phobias in title blush

Curiousmama Wed 11-Nov-09 16:50:55

I had to make an appointment with his GP but couldn't even get a telephone appointment. I got one with another doctor who I've seen and she's good. She's ringing on Friday so hopefully I'll get a referal to his paediatrician soon?

cocolepew Wed 11-Nov-09 17:52:20

Hopefully it'll be soon. It's awful that people can't even get to speak to a Dr nowadays.

Curiousmama Thu 12-Nov-09 09:51:42

thanks cocolepew smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now