Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

2 Questions any experience would be much appreciated!

(3 Posts)
jerikaka Sun 08-Nov-09 20:49:00

Have a 6yr old with AS who is in main stream school.

1. Have been offered a course run by Cambian Education on "practical strategies for parents of children with AS". Has any one been on it and would they recommend it?

2. Does anyone live in Surrey and how do they find the LA? We currently live in Hampshire and am very frustrated with the lack of support my ds1 and we get in respect to his AS. Would love to live nearer to family who live in South London/Surrey borders, but would really appreciate anyone's experience with education and support that they get in respect to their AS children.

Thanks in advance!

Merle Mon 09-Nov-09 17:24:51

Bump

magso Mon 09-Nov-09 18:08:49

I went on a one day course paid for by our lea with a similar title but for parents of all children on the spectrum. I do not remember who ran it. My son is more towards the severe end but I found it basic but helpful and would probably have been very helpful for parents of high functioning children who are newly diagnosed or in the process of looking at AS/ASD. It helped me find out who did what in our local system.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now