Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

any advice appreciated

(5 Posts)
bigdonna Sat 07-Nov-09 13:14:47

hi i have posted on here before but got a private assessment next friday for my ds12 just not sure what they will be looking for i will tell you about him he is a very loving child but very challenging he is currently refusing going to school saying hes frightened of the school he suffers with high anxiety,sleep problems,bowel problems,bad temper,irratability,he doesnt have many friends and finds it really hard to keep friends,he hates social situations if i am not there .he doesnt go out house very often hes happy reading for hrs and hrs.he goes to camhs they have suggested aspergers but i have just read up on odd and think maybe its that too does anyone else have a similar situation.he also has been bullied and has suffered with depression,oh and has had migraines since he was six i have probably forgot something but thats just wanted to know if i am alone in this

WetAugust Sat 07-Nov-09 13:38:32

I wouldn't even raise the possibility of ODD - stick with an assessment for Aspergers.

If you google ODD + DSM IV you'll get a list of the diagnostic criteria for ODD.

However it could be that if he is undx as Aspergers at the momment the lack of help and understanding he is faced with is causing these symptons when you think are more akin to ODD

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 07-Nov-09 14:18:23

Message withdrawn

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 07-Nov-09 14:21:14

Message withdrawn

bigdonna Sat 07-Nov-09 19:01:14

thanks for your replies i only have one son starlight lol.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now