Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Bibic's report....when did you get yours?

(11 Posts)
mysonben Thu 05-Nov-09 15:33:22

Hi.

Some of you may know we had a home visit on 21st of october from Bibic, therapist did sensory profile of ds, Gars test,...
We got a written programme to follow, and got via email more details on how to apply/do the excercises.
Was told we'll be sent a report too, but still haven't received it.
Are they usually quick to send reports? When did you get yours?
I'm a bit worried as we really want to show the report to the consultant paed when we see her on the 17th.
(Although we might still receive it before then hopefully).

Have sent an email to therapist 3 days ago, but no replies so far.
Am i maybe too impatient?....blush

debs40 Thu 05-Nov-09 16:12:55

Hiya

Why not give them a ring and tell them it would be great if you could get it for paed's apptmnt? They should be able to do it for then

mysonben Thu 05-Nov-09 16:58:54

Yes, you're right Debs, i'll wait till next week and ring them up.
That report is important to us as gars test result showed ds was clearly on spectrum, and that would be useful in helping paed make a decision....maybe!

debs40 Thu 05-Nov-09 17:18:44

Why not just give them a ring tomorrow? It will put your mind at rest. It's a perfectly reasonable request and the BIBIC folk always seem willing to help.

mysonben Thu 05-Nov-09 17:24:29

Yes, good idea, at least that'd be one less thing to worry about this weekend. grin

Barmymummy Thu 05-Nov-09 17:26:14

Yep I agree! If it stops you worrying over the weekend then def do it tomorrow smile Let us know what they say!

allaboutme Fri 06-Nov-09 21:39:00

Hope you got a good result from calling them today!
Can I just ask - what is the Gars test? Have read about your DS on another thread and mine sounds similar. I am wondering about this test - is it something that only BIBIC do?

mysonben Fri 06-Nov-09 22:15:44

Hi, spoke to Bibic receptionist who said she would pass message to therapist.

The GARS (giliam autism rating scale), well it includes a big questionaire re:early development, it covers communication, social, behaviours ,...lots and lots of questions and it is answered either by: never/seldom/ sometimes/ frequently/ always , to sort of mesure the level for each question in each category. Sorry if i'm losing you it 's hard to explain.

Then they work out points and give you a % of likelyhood of asd.
70 points and above indicate increasingly asd.
Also each category has to be above a certain score in itself to be sure.

No, it isn't just bibic that does it. Other professionals can do it.

Try googling it wink you 'll probably find clearer answers then my confusing essay! grin

debs40 Fri 06-Nov-09 22:18:06

Glad you rang them. I'm sure getting the report in time for your appointment won't be a problem

sphil Fri 06-Nov-09 22:57:33

We haven't been for a few years but they were always very slow at sending the written reports I'm afraid. They're a great organisation but I don't think admin is their strong point! To be fair, as they're a charity, I guess they try to keep overheads down and channel money into therapists, equipment etc, which is as it should be.

mysonben Sat 07-Nov-09 14:52:27

Got it this morning! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now