Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Easier to be in prison

(10 Posts)
donkeyderby Wed 04-Nov-09 15:53:48

I often think that if I committed a crime and went to prison, it would be like a holiday from caring.

I only want to go to an open prison for just for a couple of weeks of undisturbed sleep, being fed, meeting other people, maybe doing a short course, having time to read a book and shave my legs, going on walks in the prison grounds. The open women's prison near my mum's has a farm and you can look after the animals....lovely.

Maybe if we made criminals become carers, the crime rate would plummet. But there would always be bleeding heart liberals bleating about the conditions: the torture of chronic sleep deprivation, daily violence, wiping poo off walls, heavy lifting, no breaks and isolation.

It's a funny old world

debs40 Wed 04-Nov-09 15:58:52

You sound like you're having a tough day sad

Don't knock "bleeding heart liberals", they are the only ones likely to give a damn about carers too!

2shoeshissbangwhoosh Wed 04-Nov-09 16:28:36

you sound down
do you want to meet up for coffee again?

jardy Wed 04-Nov-09 16:40:39

Well put donkey!

devientenigma Wed 04-Nov-09 16:41:30

Hi donkeyderby,
just sending big hugs,youv'e been there for me in the past.
Take care x

jardy Wed 04-Nov-09 16:41:48

Sorry that sounds I am been sarchastic because of your name.We do have bad days,all of us.You sound a great mum and it is important to get things off your chest.

donkeyderby Wed 04-Nov-09 16:57:05

Oh, I'm alright really! Though I'd happily meet for coffee again 2shoes! Thanks for all the kind words all.

It was just a though that I often have, though less so now. Don't you think it could be a nice break...?!

magso Wed 04-Nov-09 17:25:40

Ha yes open prison sounds blissful. I spent some time in hospital (not the most restful places)recently and after the struggle of the days before it was such a relief to let go! Even ICU was better than home ( very noisy and light though)!

donkeyderby Wed 04-Nov-09 19:58:45

I'm going in for day surgery soon (unmentionable). I begged them to let me stay in overnight but they said no, the fuckers

magso Wed 04-Nov-09 22:37:10

Spoil sports! You might be able to get an extra hour or two if you keep vomiting or passing out though!
(Hope it all goes well)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now