Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

"telling" - even more proud mummy moments

(5 Posts)
linglette Wed 04-Nov-09 10:12:02

I'm sure I have more proud mummy moments than the typicals' mothers, you know.

Yesterday DS2(4.2)'s DVD finished, and before moving on to the next activity he said "wait, I tell daddy", then went into the next room and said "daddy it's finished" then came back into this sitting room.

Now if he was a typical, I'd hardly notice that would I? But in our family that's momentous - he's realising that daddy doesn't know unless he tells him.

magso Wed 04-Nov-09 11:59:23

Very perceptive! And well done ds2.

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Wed 04-Nov-09 20:46:07

That's great,your hard work is really paying off!

linglette Wed 04-Nov-09 22:00:52

thanks guys - oh my goodness, this evening, he came in and said, "mummy, the moon is stuck in the clouds" then made me follow him upstairs to look out of the window at the moonless night.

Now don't try telling me that a neurotypical's parent would understand the fabulousness of that grin

Can I call back the health visitor and say I'd like to do the two-year-check "does he bring you things to show you?" question again now as we're finally ready for it?grin

magso Wed 04-Nov-09 22:12:57

Actually I missed the significance (Ds is 10 and far from NT) and has been showing things to us a lot recently (grabbed by the chin or dragged forcefully by the wrist is the usual technique!) so now I can see it in a positive light!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now