Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

do you ever feel like..

(12 Posts)
MumOfThreeMonkeys Wed 04-Nov-09 08:09:33

telling everyone to FUCK OFF! smile

meerkatsandkookaburras Wed 04-Nov-09 08:17:18

oh yes definately, best done in a multiagency meeting the other week!! They were telling me yet again in their very patronising voices that i cope well and dont need respite, i told them if none is in place by next summer holidays my ds will be going in care!! They know i dont mean it but they will have had to think hmm what if she does!! I am so hoping that doesnt go down on the minutes though in a negative shes not coping way though hoping it makes them realise i might cope but only just and they are testing me!! we were told in september we were going to get 10hrs per month respite and the worker who would do it would meet us in next week or two, still heard nothing, this is after over a year ago i phoned up social services begging them to help me with ds. so in reality ive told them numerous times to f off and discovered even that doesnt help!! Next is telling families who dont understand and dont care to f off, wonder if that will have a different response, probably not! Anyway, sorry rant over but yes i feel like it all the time!! Our ed psych doesnt have kids let alone sn ones she only has cats so i feel like telling her to f off and try having a sn child for a week and see then if she thinks its easy to go shopping, do washing, sleep, clean house etc etc all in the few hours ds is at preschool and still not ask for respite help ha ha ha think that may be the subject of the next meeting!!

MumOfThreeMonkeys Wed 04-Nov-09 08:49:57

im really pissed off with biting my tongue for everyone... wonder what would happen if i actually said some of the things that are running through my mind during some conversations hmm

sarah293 Wed 04-Nov-09 11:15:07

Message withdrawn

Jo5677 Wed 04-Nov-09 11:31:49

Agreed,i would soooo love to speak my mind,they'd probably think i was having a nervous breakdown though and whip all my children away if i ever did 'cos i'm always so polite blush. I have a hole in my tongue from years of biting it.
The services that are supposed to help me with the kids often cause me way more stress than my kids do. The kids are the easy bit as far as i'm concerned.
I fantasise over winning the lottery just so we can leave the NHS and all behind and go private.
I often feel like telling everyone to F off,mostly when i'm being patronized but at many other times too lol grin

borderslass Wed 04-Nov-09 11:53:29

I do tell everyone the truth now but this is due to me having left several review meeting in tears when my son was younger, I've learnt to fight for my sons rights he's now 15 and JUST been diagnosed as having learning disabilities this year despite being in a special school since nursery.I had a sensory profile done yesterday and it came out that loads was missed when he was younger and if it had been addressed at the time would of prevented both him and me having many meltdowns over the years ,I nearly walked out on the lot of them in September because of it.

magso Wed 04-Nov-09 13:53:38

My fear is that one day I will grab some unfortunate nonlistening professional by the shoulders and shake them whilst shouting YOU WILL LISTEN to ME! ( PS I have booked myself onto an assertiveness course for sn parents dealing with professionals so do not fear!)

Borderlass thats appalling - I have a lot of sadness over lost years too! I cannot even blame myself I was saying these things years ago - I was just not listened to. Ds (10) LD were only documented because we took out a loan to get a private assessment. We keep coming up against the 'we prioritise young children' ( but not my ds when he was'young') or he is too old to treat now' too.

mysonben Wed 04-Nov-09 14:50:37

'I fantasise over winning the lottery just so we can leave the NHS and all behind and go private.'.....me too! grin

I would say goodbye to all these waiting lists and pedaling round in circle NHS approach. Would get a private dx for DS, and get him private therapy, and a place with a 1:1 in a good school of my choice.

One can dreammm... wink

devientenigma Wed 04-Nov-09 16:45:00

Hey Magso,
Iv'e also done an assertivness course to help deal with profs lol.

magso Wed 04-Nov-09 17:40:23

Enigma, did the course help I mean to get heard by profs?

StarlightMcKenzie Wed 04-Nov-09 23:05:27

Message withdrawn

WetAugust Wed 04-Nov-09 23:26:06

Best way of dealing with the educationalists is to speak to them in their own silly language where 'unstructured time' = play time and dinner time. They like that. The thing that really gives you th edge in your dealings with the tossers school / LEA is to read and learn the SEN COP. If you can quote chapter and verse to them they really do sit up - especially if you can quote some of the more obscure guidance such as DfES Circulars etc.

That's how to fight them back - make them realise that you're not an acquiescent parant but one who knows --as much-- probably more about SENs than they do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now