Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

pleased dd tryed to eat real food

(7 Posts)
trace2 Sun 01-Nov-09 19:00:10

since being tube fed last oct dd as not eaten by mouth but last few days she really as tried but still choking. but at least she is interested

herjazz Sun 01-Nov-09 20:50:15

aw fab! What's taking her fancy?

trace2 Mon 02-Nov-09 09:48:48

crisps lol

feelingbetter Mon 02-Nov-09 19:29:57

Can't fault the girl! Crisps (swiftly followed by chocolate) would be top of my list too. Well done little one, lovely news grin

herjazz Mon 02-Nov-09 19:39:10

yeah who cares what it is? That's ace

skips are the only thing dd can feed herself. She can't choke cos the bits melt so quickly

trace2 Tue 03-Nov-09 09:10:36

thank you ladys chloe can not have choc its got milk in itsad but we have had to take a step back so bloody frustrated she choked on Monday when salt was here sad so been told no ore till we find out why! what do i say when she wants to try i bloody hate sn i do i do i just want her to do and have like other children.

sorry

herjazz Tue 03-Nov-09 10:03:19

sorry to hear that

I really can empathise with what yr saying re going the wrong way with eating - but better taking time and doing it properly and safely. I felt like it was step forward, 2 steps back. Before ds was born, my dd was eating sandwiches. He's 2 now and she's spoon fed blended food only

Frustrating all round. She's desperate to eat and sure that's one of the reasons she mouths everything. But at least she doesn't have a constant chest infection. In retrospect, I can see I really rushed her feeding. When SALT got involved again 18 mths ago it was really hard to be told how much she was actually struggling with it all, how aspirating her feeds was causing constant illness

All said tho - I don't think crushed up skips can do much damage. I was going to try one of them baby feeder things - with the mesh that food is kind of sucked through but was then advised that she could bite through it which is dangerous. Arrrggghhhh

You have my sympathies. Tis all terribly upsetting and one of them smack you in the face type things

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now