Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

The Curious Incident of the STARLINGS on the TRAMPOLINE in the Daytime!!!

(23 Posts)
TheRealMrsF Wed 15-Jun-05 22:31:40

Well...the Starling's i am refering to are MY DARlings ofcourse!!!

Let me enlighten you.......

All is quiet and tranquil in our garden....until 3.30.

Then suddenly out of nowhere 3 squealing,shouting ,Squawking boys called TOM Leigh & Alex appear!
The noise is phenominal!
Totally against the rules all 3 are bouncing to their hearts delight on the trampoline!
All at once!

*like 3 starlings fighting over a crust of bread*

It really is so funny to watch.....and i hold my braeth as i know they should take turns...but turntaking is not their strength!!

So goodness knows what the neighbours think! (and there was me thinking that they'd all be queing up to have a go.....!!!)
NO!!!! They are scared to set foot in our garden of Madness!!!!

This has definitely been the best £80 i've spent!!!!

Blu Wed 15-Jun-05 22:34:54

Brilliant MrsF - and a great thread title and story!

Libb Wed 15-Jun-05 22:37:25

just as well I wasn't there, I would've been right there showing them how! just kidding, what such darlings xxxx

TheRealMrsF Wed 15-Jun-05 22:43:07

Alex wanted me to go on it tonight!!! I eel like an upright beached whale at the moment...so declined!

TheRealMrsF Wed 15-Jun-05 22:43:45

OOOPS!

I meant i FEEL like a beached whale!!!! Not EEL!!!!

SleepyJess Wed 15-Jun-05 23:15:34

That's fab MrsF!

I go on ours and LOOK like a beached whale! My 3 love ours and it's still a novelty over a year later. We got it to help DS1's chest stay healthy (cystic fibrosis) but DS2 (cp) loves it too even though he can't bounce on his own. He likes to sit in the lap of a cross-legged 'big person' while another 'big person' bounces! He laughs his head off!

Bless your starlings!

SJ x

TheRealMrsF Wed 15-Jun-05 23:18:46

yes SJ...alex enjoys being bounced when tom CRASHES down beside him!!!!

You've given me an idea...i could sit on there and let alex sit on my lap....!!!!

SleepyJess Wed 15-Jun-05 23:23:23

You have to kind of wrap your legs around them... and staying upright is quite a challenge! (DH can't do it!)

(My DS who likes to be bounced is Alex )

SJ x

TheRealMrsF Wed 15-Jun-05 23:28:49

sounds like a challenge for my pelvic floor too!!!! :O
(yeah! I know TOO MUCH DETAIL!!!!)

mogwai Wed 15-Jun-05 23:50:09

I'd love to have a go on it!

Our neighbours have bought one recently. It looks like loads of fun, but unfortunately it is attracting all the children in the street. There are now regularly seven small children shouting and screaming right next to my fence.

This has rather shattered any idea of barbeques, having friends for supper etc!

I hope some of the other mummies buy one for their little starlings so they can take turns in each others' gardens! The mummy nextdoor is beginning to look rueful that she ever bought it, too, she is now effectively babysitting everyone else's children - it's going to be a long summer holiday!

SleepyJess Wed 15-Jun-05 23:56:25

Pelvic floor? Oh definitely! I p*ss myself every time I attempt a star jump! Am thinking of buying some TenaLady just for trampoline use.. as I don't seem to be incontinent in other areas of my life!

SJ x

PS every other woman I know who has had at least 1 child also p*sses themself whilst trampolining!!

TheRealMrsF Thu 16-Jun-05 16:41:07

now i feel much better about it!!!!

Fio2 Thu 16-Jun-05 16:45:19

ROFL

would love a trampoline but for us it would be out of the back door, not into the garden but onto a trampoline. So alas, my kids have to be satisfied with a tieeny weeny bouncy one that wont take ME let alone my pelvic floor too

coppertop Sun 19-Jun-05 11:14:06

No pun intended but PMSL at this thread!!!!

TheRealMrsF Sun 19-Jun-05 13:25:26

now hang on a minute CT...you're meant to offer me help and support...not roll around on the floor laughing!!!! !

I'm trying not to scream and get violent here at the moment...it's the usual stressful mealtime here and i am trying so hard to ignore them.....i put their meal infront of them at 1pm....and have warned them that if it's still there at 1.30...they have to stop their playstations etc at 5 instead of 6 tonight!!!

Ha Ha!!! (stupid me...try a punishment that works!!!)

No...there's no point pointing out consequences when leigh's quite 'happy' to waste his 'playtime' by making silly noises etc (as he gets more stressed the noises get worse)

Many may read this thinking what the F is she worried about...but i am so effing 'issed off at the moment that just to have 1 peaceful mealtime would be as good as winning the lottery.

I'm now sat here trying to ignore the fact that alex is now away from the table 'flashing' (yes THAT!!!) ....this is where effing SuperBloodyNanny can 'iss off too...as ignoring this behaviour does not fix it...starving them would....but ofcourse when it comes to chocolate etc...then suddenly tyhey will sit like angels!!!

Socci Sun 19-Jun-05 13:55:42

Message withdrawn

TheRealMrsF Sun 19-Jun-05 14:06:18

TO BE HONEST SOCCI....MOST OF THE TIME I FIND MOST OF WHAT GOES ON FUNNY!!! iT'S A WEIRD FEELING ....BIT LIKE BEING A FLY ON THE WALL OR HAVING AN 'OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE'....OR ME WATCHING MY OWN LIFE LIKE IT'S A DOCUMENTRY!!!!

Socci Sun 19-Jun-05 14:09:14

Message withdrawn

macwoozy Sun 19-Jun-05 14:54:27

Yeh, I got to agree, I know you have alot on your hands, but I do find your threads amusing. Its the way you tell them

coppertop Sun 19-Jun-05 18:59:12

It was the pelvic floor comments that had me in fits of laughter. I shall be very supportive and send you some Tena Lady.

I know what you mean about feeling as though you're watching your own life as a documentary. Life here seems to go from being a total nightmare to being hysterically funny and then just surreal.

Lots of sympathy about the mealtimes too, MrsF. I remember you one talking about how the word used most often in your house seemed to be "EAT!". I now remember that at each mealtime when I find myself telling ds1 "EAT!" It's like watching a programme in slow motion. The staring into the distance, the fork finally making contact with the food, the fork hovering mid-air while ds1 drifts off into a world of his own....... Aaaarrgghh!

coppertop Sun 19-Jun-05 19:00:21

"You one"??? I sound like a Fimble! "you once" is what I meant to say......

Milliways Sun 19-Jun-05 19:52:47

My 2 usually fight over everything - EXCEPT the trampoline when they ask eachother if they are going to come out & play.

This weekend they have spent hours together with the hose on the trampoline - squirting eachother, bouncing in the showers etc - it's fantastic!

coppertop Mon 20-Jun-05 11:00:24

LOL! My 2 boys both love playing with water - although the screams start when one gets the other one in the face. It looks as though it may be time to stock up on water pistols again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now