Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Visual toys for child with no movement - any ideas?

(9 Posts)
RubysReturn Fri 30-Oct-09 09:32:54

Hi - wondered if you ladies could give me any suggestions for suitable toys. Friends DS has no movement and so visual toys with lights, that sort of things are good.

Have you come across anything that might be suitable?

Much appreciated.

grumpyoldeeyore Fri 30-Oct-09 09:35:23

if you look on noveltywarehouse website they have lots

RubysReturn Fri 30-Oct-09 09:42:14

Thanks very much

sarah293 Fri 30-Oct-09 10:48:46

Message withdrawn

RubysReturn Fri 30-Oct-09 15:50:39

No, no movement at all , certainly none purposeful. Very young child.

I also wondered about sound type toys,or anything with smells. Not sure anything tactile would work either.

I think things that work for a certain time and then switch off, might work better than things that need a trigger iyswim.

Have found some super disco balls so that is a start!

RaggedRobin Fri 30-Oct-09 21:54:24

does your friend's ds vocalise? this winnie the pooh projector is voice activated and projects roatating pictures onto the wall.

RaggedRobin Fri 30-Oct-09 22:00:28

sorry, ignore that link, i think it was an american site. here is a better link.

feelingbetter Sat 31-Oct-09 18:02:38

On Novelty Warehouse site there are some fab fans which light up (and are a fan, obv) here

I have the opposite problem, baby with very little vision but quite a lot of movement.

Would he, with the little non-purposeful movement he has, enjoy a space blanket?
My DS LOVES them, they make lots of noise with very little movement and reflect light too.

RubysReturn Sun 01-Nov-09 11:53:41

Thanks - I think even non-purposeful movement is diminishing now rather faster than hoped, and vocalising affecting by diminishing lung strength. So have found some lighting type toys and a wand for his mum to use.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now