Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dd's button has fallen out

(13 Posts)
sarah293 Thu 29-Oct-09 16:30:52

Message withdrawn

TotalChaos Thu 29-Oct-09 16:34:30

oh bugger with a wasted trip to a and e on top, hope the nurse comes to sort it soon.

MonsterousNasalPustule Thu 29-Oct-09 16:36:08

Riven and DD, hope the feeding nurse can sort something out quickly.

herjazz Thu 29-Oct-09 16:37:17

oh arses
you've done the right thing though - as long as its kept open by something it'll be alright

bloody useless in a and e with all this aren't they? specially acute hospitals

I put dd's back in myself a few months ago - remembering the useless farce ending up with surgeon on standby at other hospital after hours of faffing

Hope its all back in place v soon

herjazz Thu 29-Oct-09 16:40:10

er obv you are prob leaving alone until nurse comes but as its half in you could try deflating the water out baloon, pushing in proper and putting the water back in. 5 mls in the male type syringes

grrrr for you tho

Psychotrace2 Thu 29-Oct-09 17:36:09

oh riven hope shes ok let us know when dd falls out every other week we now do our selfs but first few times dd had to go to childrens a long way from us as out local hospital would /could not do it and when we got they the put metel rods in to stretch it tbh i wish they just had to her to theatre as it put her of anyone touching even to feeding!!

sarah293 Thu 29-Oct-09 20:07:07

Message withdrawn

glittery Thu 29-Oct-09 20:48:08

glitteryboys button gets taped down every night as his had a habit of coming out during the night and the hole closing over hmm
we're a bit hit and miss with buttons, last one only lasted 2 weeks but the one before was in for 11 weeks before the balloon burst, also i have no spare at the moment so we're being extra careful!

MonsterousNasalPustule Thu 29-Oct-09 21:43:43

Glad it is sorted but sounds a bit traumatic for you both.

sarah293 Fri 30-Oct-09 08:40:17

Message withdrawn

herjazz Fri 30-Oct-09 11:22:42

that's exactly what I said after our tube drama in a and a at acute local hossie

I thought they'd know what to do with tubes - LOTS of people have them after all don't they? Not like they are only for kids with disabilities

They ended up transferring us to children's ward from a and e - hours and hours of faffing, me getting v upset and them ending up only being able to get a catheter in it and sending us to children's with surgeon on standby. Complete unnessecary farce. Ooh I was cross. Before that I had no desire to learn how to put one in - made me feel sick looking at a hole in dd's flesh and stabbing something in it. Ughhh

They got it in without surgery in the end but was v distressing

Glad yr all sorted now, riven

meltedmarsbars Fri 30-Oct-09 14:51:15

Riven, agree A&E aren't kitted out for sn kids, but don't you have the "open access" agreement with your relevant childrens ward for situations like this? Then you don't go near A&E but ring up then go to the ward direct. Thats what paeds here organise.

sarah293 Fri 30-Oct-09 14:59:58

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now