Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

dyslexia- ddat centres

(5 Posts)
eyeore Wed 15-Jun-05 13:40:27

Does anyone have and first hand experience with the ddat centres who treat dyslexia etc by excercise programs They seem brilliant but very expensive

Jayzmummy Wed 15-Jun-05 13:45:09

We looked at DDAT befpre finally going deciding on going to BIBIC.
One of my friends is the local DDAT advisor and she s[peaks very highly of the programme. both her dd's are dyslexic and she reports that they have made massive leaps forwrd since starting th programme.
Have you got their video and info pack? If not I have one here you are welcome to have.

eyeore Thu 16-Jun-05 11:41:31

WHAT SORT OF TREATMENT DO THEY DO AT THE BIBIC AND HOW ARE YOU FINDING IT

anna007 Thu 23-Jun-05 07:26:28

ds went to the DDAT centre for 12 months or more. It is very expensive & in his case did not have the effect we had hoped for.

We saw a different person every time we went in (I think they may have improved that part of the system now). When ds's 'scores' improved they said it was a sign the treatment was working. When they got worse they said it was a sign the treatment was working!

ds enjoyed the twice daily exercises (usually, anyway!), and became the world's best at sitting balanced on a big inflated ball.

We did meet other parents at the DDAT who said they had seen big changes in their children, but for me it was just big changes in my bank account.

Jack1 Thu 23-Jun-05 21:47:44

What about other treatments Brightstar, Raviv Method or Davis tecnique never heard of BIBIC what is that?

Very difficult to get any unbiased feedback on anything

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now