Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Baby BumbleBee?

(8 Posts)
kieranandalexsmummy Sun 25-Oct-09 09:28:31

hi just wondered has any body tryd the baby bumble bee dvds,ive just ordered a set from ebay i thought id give them ago!!

sickofsocalledexperts Sun 25-Oct-09 13:11:05

They were FANTASTIC for my DS. The 1-10 counting one taught him to count, the alphabet one taught him that, the colours one is great, I have even now recently ordered the prepositions and emotions ones! At first, I needed to basically force him to watch them, using choc bribes if he sat and watched even 2 mins. But the odd thing now is something about them (the music? the sameness of intro?) relaxes him and he will watch at least half a DVD voluntarily. The words ones were also good. I would pause them a lot and get him to say the words. Good luck!

kieranandalexsmummy Sun 25-Oct-09 17:42:55

that is great news ive orderd vocabulary builder 5 set,it was only 50 for the set the same seller has loads so have a look,shes got them on for 28 days so we are going to see how we get on with these and then order the others.

staryeyed Mon 26-Oct-09 11:20:56

I ordered one abo9ut a month ago but Ds doesn't seem to like it. He loves baby Einstein ones which Im sure helped him learn numbers and shapes but Baby einstein dont really do language ones.

thederkinsdame Mon 26-Oct-09 17:49:28

Yep, thoroughly recc. even tho they are a bit cheesy. I am convinced that DS would not be where he is now verbally if we hadn't had them. He still watches them now and he is over 3!

kieranandalexsmummy Mon 26-Oct-09 21:05:05

thats great to hear ds has no speech at all so anythings worth a try

thederkinsdame Tue 27-Oct-09 21:28:19

Be warned - we watched them for months before we got anywhere, so don't get disheartened if it seems that you're not getting anywhere at first. Also, DS really likes the Action Words and Numbers set. I find now, if we've had a busy day,. he'll ask me to put them on.

kieranandalexsmummy Wed 28-Oct-09 21:45:07

thats good to hear as id would of expected results right away haha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now