Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

gp says dd has swine flu!

(10 Posts)
Psychotrace2 Sat 24-Oct-09 16:04:45

am not sure and i asked if they would swab her, he said no! gave prescription to get tammi flu and asked as pharmacy if it will stop her getting worse she said no it stops her beening infectious to other. please help i dont want to give her tammi flu i think she as croup.

FlameHasAnotherChick Sat 24-Oct-09 16:17:38

i swear they are saying sf out of habit now.

tbh if you think croup i would go wth keeping her away from people, go with steam etc and leave the tamiflu

i have no medical knowledge though!

FlameHasAnotherChick Sat 24-Oct-09 16:18:46

I can't remember if she has things that would be life threatening with croup though if you don;t have steroids blush

passmethegin Sat 24-Oct-09 16:19:54

Far too many people have/will be getting swine flu. They haven't taken swabs for months now. As far as i understand all tamiflu does is shorten the length of time you're ill by about 1 day. I can't believe it doesn't make you infectious. If you're not happy then just don't give it to her. If my kids get swine flu I don't think I'll be giving them tamiflu.

sarah293 Sat 24-Oct-09 16:24:29

Message withdrawn

Psychotrace2 Sat 24-Oct-09 16:26:22

thank you i am not going to give it her and keep my eye on her shes on open door policy at hospital if she gets worse ill just take her up there they know her well!

Marne Sat 24-Oct-09 20:06:18

Both my dd's have been unwell with SW symptoms, we sat it out and didn't give Tamiflu, we took dd2 to hospital on day 3 as she had not drank for 2 days, luckily she decided she would take drink from one of the nurses and was ok to go home by the evening, 2 days latter she's running around again. Dd1 was poorly for 3 days and is now on the mend. I am pleased i didn't give them tamiflu and apart from dd2 refusing to drink they were not that ill.

claudialyman Sat 24-Oct-09 23:49:50

Think tamiflu is also meant to reduce risk of compliactions so if your dd is high risk, underlying conditions etc might be worth considering

Psychotrace2 Sun 25-Oct-09 12:54:06

dd a lot better today still ill but on the mend!

claudialyman Sun 25-Oct-09 16:19:05

thats great to hear, hope she bounces back fast smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now