Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Places to go for funding

(9 Posts)
laumiere Thu 22-Oct-09 20:18:47

At last we've found some ways to communicate with DS1 (3, dxed with cerebral palsy and up til 2 months ago, not talking) - he LOVES PECs and touch screen tech. We'd really like to look into getting "" or something like it for him to use (they have a similar thing at his nursery) but at £2010 it's a nit beyond our price range.

Where can we go for funding/a grant? We live in London if that makes a difference.

grumpyoldeeyore Thu 22-Oct-09 20:51:05


lou031205 Thu 22-Oct-09 20:52:48

Family fund might do partial?

anonandlikeit Thu 22-Oct-09 20:52:48

There is a central list of funding/grant giving organisiations available.
Try its managed by the Directory of Social Change (DSC), & holds details of over 4,000 charitable trusts.
Also local organisation such as Lions club, rotary, buffs etc are all very m uch about supporting local families & causes.
How about the familyfund?
Good luck

laumiere Thu 22-Oct-09 21:16:26

We earn too much for the Family Fund sadly. Though with 2 kids it really doesn't feel like it!

anonandlikeit Thu 22-Oct-09 21:26:19

same here, so why are we always skint?

feelingbetter Thu 22-Oct-09 21:42:59

Oooh! I might know somewhere, hold on...............................................................I'm back! Try here

Not sure what qualifies for funding but read the magic words non means tested - they can only say no!

laumiere Fri 23-Oct-09 12:36:56

anon you and I have far too much in common

glittery Fri 23-Oct-09 16:50:09

Cerebra fund touch screen computers smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: