Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Places to go for funding

(9 Posts)
laumiere Thu 22-Oct-09 20:18:47

At last we've found some ways to communicate with DS1 (3, dxed with cerebral palsy and up til 2 months ago, not talking) - he LOVES PECs and touch screen tech. We'd really like to look into getting "thiswww.orgacontrol.net/en.shtml?mportable" or something like it for him to use (they have a similar thing at his nursery) but at £2010 it's a nit beyond our price range.

Where can we go for funding/a grant? We live in London if that makes a difference.

grumpyoldeeyore Thu 22-Oct-09 20:51:05

Caudwell

lou031205 Thu 22-Oct-09 20:52:48

Family fund might do partial?

anonandlikeit Thu 22-Oct-09 20:52:48

There is a central list of funding/grant giving organisiations available.
Try www.trustfunding.org.uk its managed by the Directory of Social Change (DSC), & holds details of over 4,000 charitable trusts.
Also local organisation such as Lions club, rotary, buffs etc are all very m uch about supporting local families & causes.
How about the familyfund?
Good luck

laumiere Thu 22-Oct-09 21:16:26

We earn too much for the Family Fund sadly. Though with 2 kids it really doesn't feel like it!

anonandlikeit Thu 22-Oct-09 21:26:19

same here, so why are we always skint?

feelingbetter Thu 22-Oct-09 21:42:59

Oooh! I might know somewhere, hold on...............................................................I'm back! Try here

Not sure what qualifies for funding but read the magic words non means tested - they can only say no!

laumiere Fri 23-Oct-09 12:36:56

anon you and I have far too much in common

glittery Fri 23-Oct-09 16:50:09

Cerebra fund touch screen computers smile

www.cerebra.org.uk/grants/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now