Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How would you rate this school?

(5 Posts)
lou031205 Wed 21-Oct-09 18:48:20

I took DD1 to see our local mainstream school this morning. It is a two-form-entry infants only school, so 150 on roll, in 6 classes.

-Deputy head greeted us and remembered DD from when she visited her preschool last year smile

-DHead started to show us around & we met a girl DD liked in preschool last year, so head offers that we could leave DD with that class for a while. We say "She's a runner. She will escape, but if you want to..." Dhead asks girl to look after DD and asks teacher at far end of class to ensure DD doesn't get out into the play ground, and tells teacher at other end of class "if you see a girl with a pink tshirt, grab her!" grin

We go around school. Lovely, ramps inside as part of building. School very SN aware. "What about security?" "Oh we are very secure" We round playground to see wooden gates wide open into carpark "Oops, contractors, will tell them off.."

Work our way back towards classroom, to hear wailing.

DD has managed to get out into the playground hmm, teacher went to close (another open) gate, and as she turned around, DD had fallen over.

All very apologetic. Highlights DD's need for 1:1, but even still...

What do you think?

ouryve Wed 21-Oct-09 18:58:50

I'd be doing a few drive by visits to see if those gates are always open.

I've always found that when I tell people "DS does xyz" they really are not prepared for the extent that DS does xyz.

lou031205 Wed 21-Oct-09 20:51:04

Good idea. Lovely DepHead, though.

lou031205 Thu 22-Oct-09 09:56:19

I told preschool today, and they said that they never see the gate closed shock and that in their view DD will need constant 1:1 especially at play times.

nymphadora Thu 22-Oct-09 10:38:04

Sounds a nice atmospher, just need them to up their security !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now