Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Passport photo with eyes open and mouth closed

(9 Posts)
sweetgrapes Wed 21-Oct-09 14:21:49

My dd can't manage it and gets really tense and starts crying after a few tries.
She starts off by smiling brightly but as that isn't right it all ends in tears. Have tried quite a few times.
What should we be doing?

sarah293 Wed 21-Oct-09 14:44:18

Message withdrawn

sweetgrapes Wed 21-Oct-09 15:19:27

Thanks. I didn't realise we could do that. earlier it wasn't an issue because she was under 5 but this time she's 8.

r3dh3d Wed 21-Oct-09 15:30:20

Yes, you can do that. But I'd try to get something out of them in writing to that effect so whoever is checking it doesn't kick it out. I'm sure there used to be a section about it on the web site but it's now been absorbed into DirectGov which just says:

"If you are unable to meet the requirements for the passport photograph

If you have a physical or mental disability that means you cannot meet one or more of the requirements, you should contact the Passport Adviceline 0300 222 0000."

sweetgrapes Thu 22-Oct-09 09:50:13

Any idea what exactly should be written? I [phoned my GP and she says write it down and bring it in. And I phoned the passport advice line and she said 'the gp will know what to write'.

How do I write that she can't keep her mouth closed and look at the camera and keep her head straight all at the same time before she gets all tensed up by the flash and starts crying anyway? She's got learning difficulties and is on the autistic spectrum. How do I word all this? Any ideas?

sweetgrapes Thu 22-Oct-09 10:02:00

How is this?

DD has a chromosome abnormality (IDIC-15) which presents itself by learning difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD). She cannot close her mouth, keep her head straight and look straight at the camera on command.
She is unable to meet all the passport photograph requirements for medical reasons. The photograph presented is the best possible attempt.

sweetgrapes Thu 22-Oct-09 10:02:56

with not by, I think?

sarah293 Thu 22-Oct-09 10:03:56

Message withdrawn

2shoescreepingthroughblood Thu 22-Oct-09 10:14:43

dd's gp just put that she had CP
so utism should cover it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now