Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

How can i keep dd2 busy?

(5 Posts)
Marne Tue 20-Oct-09 12:44:19

Dd2 was very ill at the weekend and we ended up in hospital as she refused to drink sad, she has a nasty virus + tonsitis (sp). She's now on the mend but i have decided to keep her home from nursery as i don't want her picking anything else up when her amune system is so lo. This means dd2 will be home for 2.5 weeks (she has a week and a half for half term), she has already broken dd1's playmobil and worn out the colouring books.

What can i do to keep her busy?

Its hard trying to explain to her to take things easy so i need to try and keep her stillish (she keeps doing to much and then falls asleep by 4pm).

silverfrog Tue 20-Oct-09 12:51:15

does she like sorting/matching?

picture lotto games can keep dd1 occupied for a while (she sits and does the matching herself, rather than playing the game, if I don't have the time to sit with her)

or sorting out lego bricks into colours/shapes/sizes?

dressing/undressing teddies? dd1 has no imaginative play at all, but quite likes dressing a couple of teddies u in old baby clothes - right down to hat/scarf/gloves.

dd1 will sometimes sit happily and look through photos too. she enjoys posting them, so will sit with a big pile, go through them labelling and then post into her toy postbox. same with flashcards

<gosh, doesn't dd1 sound a thrill a minute grin>

Marne Tue 20-Oct-09 12:53:03

Thanks silverfrog, those are all great ideas, she loves lego and sorting things smile.

silverfrog Tue 20-Oct-09 13:00:56

ooh, if she is that keen then you can always hand over the laundry basket too grin

I have had dd1 sorting out her wardrobe before now, as a change of things to sort/match - hey, if she enjoys it (and natch gets lots of praise for being helpful, etc) then why not?

the possibilities are endless - tidier kitchen cupboards, no more single lost lonely socks hanging around... grin

catkinq Tue 20-Oct-09 20:36:43

I tend to stick mine in the bath for an hour or so - often with toy plastic animals or duplo to wash. (I sit in the corner and read a book or sort the laundry in the hall or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now