Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I am starting to panic again about this appointment

(19 Posts)
Fio2 Mon 13-Jun-05 11:05:37

with the neurologist. I am feeling really nervous about it all. The genetic dr said if they could see her original Ct scan (she thinks there is damage on it but subtle) then he may diagnose dd on wednesday. i am really starting to worrry, i dont know. I keep thinking what if he diagnoses a progressive condition?> would that be likely?

The genetic dr seemed to think dd had some kind of 'subtle' brain damage or some slight structural problem. my mind is working over time. i wish i could just chilld

will you tell me off please

sparklymieow Mon 13-Jun-05 11:07:56

don't worry, I went through the same thing with my kids, they thought that it had to be genetic, but it wasn't and they both had CP

Davros Mon 13-Jun-05 11:48:07

Oi Fio, just chill (wags finger)!!
Don't blame you though, just hope all the worry and heartache isn't wasted on some vague bo**ocks. I don't know about progressive conditions, wouldn't they have been more likely to have found that before?
Fingers crossedxxx

heartinthecountry Mon 13-Jun-05 11:55:54

Fio - understand the worry. But I think Davros is probably right that a progressive condition is more likely to have been picked up before. Try not to worry hon.

Fio2 Mon 13-Jun-05 11:58:35

do you think? My rational part of my brain says "progressive would have been picked up before" and the other side is acting all strange today

potty1 Mon 13-Jun-05 12:02:32

Fio - hope it goes OK and you get what you need from this visit. Have they managed to get hold of the scan records?

Now be a good girl or you'll have to go on the naughty step << I'm cr@p at telling people off>>.

Fio2 Mon 13-Jun-05 12:19:31

I dont know about the noites. guys have requestyed them several times and Stafford said they had sent them on, then they said they couldnt place where the notes were. So i rang our old CDC and asked to make an appointment with the paed there and off the secreatry trots to fetch THE NOTES. I asked her to tell me what was in the notes, which was everything, CT scan, test results etc and then i informed her we had moved and then rang Guys to tell them where exactly the notes are. i have rang guys to check they have the notes but no-one ever rings me back so i will find out on Wednesday if they have them,. But tbh it is a complete nightmare

potty1 Mon 13-Jun-05 12:32:20

Its rubbish ain't it??

I know you had trouble getting copies of stuff - have you ever tried asking to go in and read the notes at the hospital? You can do this at the North Staffs and just copy the bits you want. Maybe worth trying to orgainse for next time you're up here.

CountessDracula Mon 13-Jun-05 17:46:09

Oh fio sorry you are going through this

Jimjams Mon 13-Jun-05 18:52:55

awwww fio- it's normal to feel like this. then they'll tell you it's fine and you'll feel exhaustedfrom all the worrying. I prescribe red wine.

JakB Mon 13-Jun-05 18:55:06

Yeah, I second that prescription. Appointments are a bloody nightmare. We're all here for you

Fio2 Tue 14-Jun-05 18:58:25

too much red wine today i think

Davros Tue 14-Jun-05 20:23:54

Good luck for tomorow fio

maddiemo Wed 15-Jun-05 10:04:35

Hope the appointment goes well Fio.

Kittypickle Wed 15-Jun-05 10:21:58

Fingers crossed for you today Fio xxx

CountessDracula Wed 15-Jun-05 17:58:16

Fio how did it go? Have been thinking about you a lot today xx

potty1 Thu 16-Jun-05 09:27:00

Fio? Any answers?

Merlot Thu 16-Jun-05 09:53:03

Fio - have only just seen this thread. I hope it went well, thinking of you. xx

Fio2 Thu 16-Jun-05 10:33:16

oops sorry, I had to cancel as the car was still broken down and even though we were going by train dh needed to pick up the car before we could set off and it wasnt fixed until 5.30pm! So i had to cancel again. i felt really bad about it, but I rang up and said is there no way he can see us at a local clinic (he does 2) it costs us 60quid to get into Guys and tbh i think its a bit much as dh has to have time off aswell and so do both the kids. its a two hour journey and we have to either change trains or tube it aswell, which tbh is a nightmare. She cant cope with steps at all esp when its busy. i feel like i am being really selfish, but I have requested before that he see us locally and he never returns my calls, still dont know if they have got the notes either

was thinking of going to see my GP to see if he can write me a letter requesting he see us closer. What do you think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now