Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

FAMILY FUND

(21 Posts)
fairydust Mon 13-Jun-05 10:37:23

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR THE FAMILY FUND PLEASE

SaintGeorge Mon 13-Jun-05 10:41:25

Family Fund . Doesn't appear to be a phone number except for minicom users.

Fio2 Mon 13-Jun-05 10:43:34

if your h earns over 23k a year i really wouldnt bother applying. I had to flog my soul and still heard nothing

fairydust Mon 13-Jun-05 12:30:30

we're can i find out what you can apply for?

sparklymieow Mon 13-Jun-05 12:31:24

what were u thinking about asking fior?

fairydust Mon 13-Jun-05 12:32:18

DRIVING LESSONS - WE'VE BEEN AWARDED HIGHER MOBILITY

sparklymieow Mon 13-Jun-05 12:32:37

yes you can apply for those.

sparklymieow Mon 13-Jun-05 12:33:00

apply for a holiday too.

fairydust Mon 13-Jun-05 12:37:12

oh right - didn't know you can apply for things like hols - it doesn't say any we're on the site.

sparklymieow Mon 13-Jun-05 12:39:42

Last year I was given a hol, a tumble dryer, money for DS and DD1 for clothes, some money for computer games for DS, and some money for garden equiment......

Jayzmummy Mon 13-Jun-05 12:49:30

We applied and were given a washing machine, tumble dryer, money for clothing and to replace J's bed.
They will pay for driving lessons but you have to have your own car.

I can get a phone number if you want but you can apply on line. It takes a while for them to get back to you...so be patient.

missycantstop Mon 13-Jun-05 15:39:45

who is intitle to the family fund?

Chocol8 Mon 13-Jun-05 17:18:17

Fairydust - the number for the Family Fund is 0845 130 45 42.

It can be hard work, depending on how busy they are...for me, it took about 6 months but then they fast tracked the forms when they realised i had waited so long and sent someone out almost immediately. The award then took about 2 weeks and I was awarded money to get the garden cleared, play equipment and a holiday.

Good luck - it's well worth it if you can wait a while.

Jayzmummy Mon 13-Jun-05 17:39:39

missycantstop. Anyone with a child with a disability can apply to the family fund trust.

missycantstop Mon 13-Jun-05 18:56:18

jayzmummy - do you have to be getting higher rate D.L.A.?

Chocol8 Mon 13-Jun-05 19:37:23

No you don't have to be receiving dla at all Missy, but if you take a look at the link below, you'll get straight through to the site.

dottee Wed 15-Jun-05 15:38:18

Just chased my FF application and have received this reply:

Thank you for your email enquiring about the progress of your application.

We can confirm that we have received your application. However due to a large backlog it may take several weeks before your application is dealt with and a decision is made.

We will contact you again when your application has been considered.

It's strange for the FF to be so slow - they must have had a large increase of applications.

Jayzmummy Wed 15-Jun-05 19:26:35

I think what happens is that someone posts about the Family Fund and then they receive massive ammounts of online applications. I know the night I applied so did over thirty other members from another forum I attend.
We all received our responses within days of each other. It took about 6 months from the date I applied to the date we actually received our washer/dryer and cheque.
Be patient.....its worth it.

sparklymieow Wed 15-Jun-05 19:29:13

I applied ages ago and still haven't heard anything...... was told at the begining of may that I should hear in about 23 weeks, haven't heard yet so must chase it

sparklymieow Wed 15-Jun-05 19:29:29

whoops 2-3 weeks not 23 weeks

misdee Wed 15-Jun-05 19:54:38

my application took over 6months. we got £240 for clothign and bedding, driving lessons for me, and a new washing machine.

they will pay for 37hours or less of lessons, and 2 theory tests and 2 practical.

i already passed my theory, and have had some lessons so i will probably not have to pay for extras hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now