Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Automatic doors?

(9 Posts)
wasuup3000 Sun 18-Oct-09 11:33:41

Everytime ds gets in front of an automatic door he wants to be the only one to open it and go through it. Obviously shopping on a Saturday is impossible! Does anyone elses child do the same?

5inthetomb Sun 18-Oct-09 11:38:21

I giggled to myself when I saw your thread title, as I knew it would be this. grin

DS2 is a super fan of automatic doors. He loves them, loves trying to close them, loves the fact they open by themselves, can't get enough of them! When we are in a shop and he darts off, I know exactly where to find him. It is very annoying though as it can be hard to get him away from them and he has broken a few when he uses his brute strength to close them.

wasuup3000 Sun 18-Oct-09 11:45:19

Thank goodness! Someone else has to go through it too! I get a bit embarrased when he shouts at people to stop nad wait!

5inthetomb Sun 18-Oct-09 12:01:00

DS2 is really bad when we are on the metro (like the London Underground). You have to press a button to open the doors, and if anyone is there before he is he has a meltdown. Usually I make sure we are near the doors, but can't always do this if it is busy.

PersonalClown Sun 18-Oct-09 12:15:13

Ds is fascinated by sitting in the way till they just about close on him. Strange child.

He loves to be the one to set off the sensor for other people.

Barmymummy Sun 18-Oct-09 12:40:16

Likewise I laughed when I read the title as I knew what you were going to say lol!

Yep my DS also loves automatic doors! He stands guard by them waiting for 'victims' to open the door for. They think its lovely and always say 'thank you' to him with a lovely smile which of course makes him want to do it all the more grin. Not so lovely is when, as you say, someone beats him to the button and then all hell breaks loose. Same goes for someone pushing the button on pedestrian crossings before him too hmm

Gotta laugh haven't you that they are so easily pleased!! grin

linglette Sun 18-Oct-09 18:23:49

I would consider any child who didn't go through this odd.

busybeingmum Sun 18-Oct-09 19:37:31

Message withdrawn

claudialyman Sun 18-Oct-09 20:08:57

One of the happiest two hours of DS life was on a train where the disabled spot was beside automatic doors...I wish i could find the train that has that carriage. there are school hols where i would happliy ride the rails to nowhere while he sat beside those lovely entertaining doors and they did all the work grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now