Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

mother faked childs cerebral palsy!

(19 Posts)
sarah293 Sat 17-Oct-09 18:28:55

Message withdrawn

FluffyPumpkins Sat 17-Oct-09 18:39:28

Its shocking isnt it, and poor boy she must have done him so much damage emotionly.

meerkatsandkookaburras Sat 17-Oct-09 18:40:07

i cant believe the doctors did all that without tests etc like you say riven proving it, very useless it seems!!

though wtf would any mum wish this on a child, clearly it was all about money etc i cant believe how much us real mums have to fight for things yet someone like that gets them so easily!

Shall we all write to simon and ask for tickets to live shows??

sarah293 Sat 17-Oct-09 18:41:02

Message withdrawn

sarah293 Sat 17-Oct-09 18:54:26

Message withdrawn

2shoescreepingthroughblood Sat 17-Oct-09 18:56:00

sick bitch

FluffyPumpkins Sat 17-Oct-09 19:03:39

she is obviously very cunning
alhough i think 2shoes summd it up pretty well

PheasantPlucker Sat 17-Oct-09 19:34:39

Oh my God.

Phoenix4725 Sat 17-Oct-09 20:23:51

can`t beleve a mum would put their child thrugh that just for money

and howmes s many rs missed dx know how hard had fight to prove ds had problems

sarah293 Sun 18-Oct-09 08:33:06

Message withdrawn

Phoenix4725 Sun 18-Oct-09 08:47:02

Cf is done with a sweat test and often followed up by a bronschophy so how on earth they missed that

chinchi Sun 18-Oct-09 11:36:56

It makes me sick when some us of are struggling with real issues with our children.

EzrasMummy Sun 18-Oct-09 12:52:44

Totally agree chinchi. Anyone heard of Muncheusen by proxi? Its where people fake their kids illness as some sort of attention seeking thing. She is sick alright
The poor child.

waitingforgodot Sun 18-Oct-09 13:21:01

Oh my word- that poor child.

madsadlibrarian Tue 20-Oct-09 20:07:50

"There are three other undisclosed charges" - the mind boggles as to what else you could add

josey Sat 24-Oct-09 17:50:20

WTF!...words just fail me after reading that!

Think she should be fitted with a PEG and fed something deadlyangry

LittleWhiteWereWolf Sat 24-Oct-09 21:29:29

I read that with my mouth hanging open. Surely this is a very, very extreme case of Munchausens Syndrome by Proxy??? Thats the only way my brain can compute this--that to some extent she was sick, not just twisted.
I'm so shocked by this I dont know what to think
sad

BobbingForPeachys Sat 24-Oct-09 23:45:58

MBP is no longer included in the DSM or ICD as a dx (and I am dubious about that DX as it eminates from old Roy Meadows himself), so she hasn't got that- link however, , she is clarly one sick woman. Poor kid. Hope he is loved now.

raindroprhyme Sun 25-Oct-09 19:50:05

Sweat test for CF can be inclonsusive and even blood test can not always confirm it depends on the which genetic mutation it is there are very few that have been identified. even a brohnscopsy would not necessarily be used to diagnose CF lung damage can be caused by reflux, or repeated infection. my DS2 has CF and has never had an infection. his lungs look better that lots of his peers.
just wanted to clarify that as lots of families are facing treatment being withdrawn because genetic mutation caannot be identified. this has a direct impact on their childrens life expectantacy which of course is a distressing situation for any parent to be in. we all know how stressful having no dx or told you are imaginaing things is.

What this woman did is inexcusable and she is obviously a sick individual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now