Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Dla when you dont have a dx?

(11 Posts)
FluffyPumpkins Sat 17-Oct-09 11:28:46

OK i have sent online form, but wanted to check that i have done the right thing as we dont have a diagnosis for dd..

Just the long list of symptoms/problems.
I was pretty much able to answer each question with a problem or two we are having.
But think i had left her eyeproblems off (will that matter) longsighted/squints/blurred vision. I feel stupid that i forgot.

But i also dont know her prognosis in the long run..I thought with her walking she would be later then usual..but paeds say there is corcern she is unable to walk.

does that make sense? can anyone advise me?

pumpkinpasties Sat 17-Oct-09 13:39:11

it doesn't matter if you dont have a dx, I was told that you should make everything worse than it is, just to get heard. if you get rejected, re-submit making things worse and put in about eye sight etc. but fingers x

Phoenix4725 Sat 17-Oct-09 21:07:01

when first applied w ha dthe catch all GDd and thought be turned down

FluffyPumpkins Sat 17-Oct-09 21:45:31

so did you get it then phoenix?

streakybacon Sun 18-Oct-09 07:01:37

My first application for DLA for ds was accepted before dx. It goes on the additional need rather than any named condition. I know of lots of people who've had successful applications pre-dx so don't let it put you off. Good luck!

Phoenix4725 Sun 18-Oct-09 07:10:55

yes ew first got it when ds was 2.4 was middle rate care but at 3 we put in for moblity and asked them to look again and got high rate in both sections.

It is due for reviewwhen hes 5 and there is a definte cearer picture of ds problems so hoping no problems

FluffyPumpkins Sun 18-Oct-09 11:22:38

brilliant thanks guys.
I felt like i was repeating myself through out. i think probly when she is a little bigger it will be clearer what her problems are.
not sure right now if she will walk and if she does how well she will walk.

she gets very tierd if she does alot of standing and often needs to rest.
i also think she gets pain in her legs as she gets upsett and rubs them.

she doesnt sleep well is up 4 or 5 times in the night..

just hope i explained myself properrly.
guess we will just have to wait the outcome.

How long does it usually take for a reply?

Phoenix4725 Sun 18-Oct-09 11:26:41

i waited about 8 weeks as they wrote to paed and physio .Yes it always sems that way i want to write see such and such page

How old is dd?

FluffyPumpkins Sun 18-Oct-09 14:34:40

she is 19 months. what do they ask pead? just to confirm what you have said?

she hasnt seen her physio yet she has been refered but not heard anything.

she is due to see neuro at gosh next month.

daisy5678 Sun 18-Oct-09 20:43:45

J's first DLA application was pre any dx and he got middle rate for care and low mobility. Post-dx, he (initially) was awarded nothing! So I don't think that dx is always their benchmark, but it does help if someone can back up the 'symptoms'/ difficulties, even if there's no label.

misscutandstick Sun 18-Oct-09 22:45:33

OUr recent new claim has just come back after 22wks of deliberation, AND they wanted every report known to man (woman and child!). So it may take a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now