Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Huge proud mummy moment

(12 Posts)
Phoenix4725 Sat 17-Oct-09 06:51:43

Was told that ds will never speak due to massive brain damage in that area.

Nhs professionals had given up long before this point but thanks to you lot on here and on yahoo speech group .We never had

Ds is trying to talk he is making sounds that are very similar to words numbers 1-5 with 2,3,4 beun clearest , lue for blue and ed for red and meeeeeee for me there is no mistake as he us same sound for it all time and even phoned a friend this morning demanded he listern and tell me what they think hewas saying without me prompting them and they herd it to.

Accept he may never be chatterboxand will always have problems with speech but he i8 doing more than they said he ever would

NOw of to find ladder to yell from rooftops

sodit Sat 17-Oct-09 09:25:27

FANFOOKINGTASTIC well done ds, that has brought a tear to my eye. You never know anything is possible, as your ds has shown.

Pyrocanthus Sat 17-Oct-09 10:30:13

Here's my ladder. Many congratulations to your son.

Can you get more help if you can demonstrate that he is capable of progress?

grin

busybeingmum Sat 17-Oct-09 10:36:02

Message withdrawn

frazzledazzle Sat 17-Oct-09 11:06:55

What wonderful news !!

bubblagirl Sat 17-Oct-09 11:13:19

big hugs to you both you must be absolutely thrilled
time for wine i think at least this time we can celebrate lol

Homebird8 Sat 17-Oct-09 11:34:45

Fantastic. Now you have to learn to listen (not a skill I'm very good at!). wink

pumpkinpasties Sat 17-Oct-09 13:36:11

fantastic, given me goose bumps

Phoenix4725 Sat 17-Oct-09 20:17:55

Pyrocanthus thank you for ladder but getting bit cold on rooftop nowbut grin has stayed on my face all day

That is my hope that i have now prooved with right input he can make progress , ewre of to Ican in December so hopig their report will help me hit Lea over head with.

Pyrocanthus Sat 17-Oct-09 21:31:48

Come on down then, and I'll put the ladder away.

smile

5inthetomb Sun 18-Oct-09 11:30:03

gringringrin

Great news, especially recognising colours and numbers as well!

chinchi Sun 18-Oct-09 11:40:21

Amazing news Phoenix! Your post gave me goosepimples, and well done to you for all your hard work and determination.

DS has difficulty with speech and communication. He is vocal, but says nothing recognisable, and we are waiting for his MRI results. Can I please ask what methods you used in helping your DS?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now