Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Speech Therapy Units in Mainstream Secondary Schools - West Sussex/Surrey?

(6 Posts)
Decrepitude Fri 16-Oct-09 12:40:11

I am namechanging and asking this for a friend, who is starting to research secondary schools for her DC, who needs speech therapy.

Does anyone have any advice as to how she should proceed.

Anyone have any experience of non-Mainstream schools in the area which specialise in speech therapy?

Phoenix4725 Fri 16-Oct-09 18:48:01

bumping this as i am considering moving to th e area and ko long time yet but seems come so fast

flyingmum Fri 16-Oct-09 20:58:00

There are none in West Sussex, There is no speech therapy provided in any units/MS schools in West Sussex at all. I work in one of these units. the SALT visits about twice a year and the rest is done by me (bloody good teacher but not a SALT grin).

Not sure about Surrey but likely to be similar.

Try St Dominic's in Godalming. Fabbity Fab S&L therapy. Have living proof sitting here at home!!!

More House (Moore House) school in Oxten (Blindley Heath) is specifically for S&L. Only does boarding but is said to be brilliant.

Barmymummy Fri 16-Oct-09 21:05:41

Well that explains why I couldn't think of any then grin What a rubbish place I live in sad

Decrepitude Sun 18-Oct-09 08:08:28

Thanks for replies.

Will check out St Dominics. Already know about Moor House but boarding is the issue - at 11?? sad sad

So what do people tend to do for secondary education if their child has S&L problems?

Phoenix4725 Sun 18-Oct-09 08:11:20

I a, hoping ds can get a place at one of the Ican schools , one in surrey does till they are 11 , there one in nottingham does till they are 18 so not sure which way to go was thinking Surrey but Ds will still need s&l at 11 without adoubt

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now