Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

halloween

(4 Posts)
jasdox Wed 14-Oct-09 19:11:10

we are going to try a halloween party, but will be preparing!

I'll found this get ready for halloween, but any suggestions always welcomed

mysonben Wed 14-Oct-09 22:31:54

Hi, bumping
no tips really my ds (asd) will be 4 soon and this will be his first time out trick or treating.

One thing though i'm not sure how he will react as , while we were away on hols last week , we took the kids to a theme park, as it is october it was decorated for hallowen and there were creepy ghoulies walking about and spooky music playing in the various diners/restaurants, DS was so scared by it all he had a mini meltdown while we were queueing at the self-serve and we had to give in and eat outside in the end as he was so petrified.
We were wasting out time trying to explain that the monsters weren't real! hmm

MumOfThreeMonkeys Thu 15-Oct-09 08:11:51

my dd aged 5 ASD does NOT do Halloween sad
its my favourite time of the year, i love it! no decorations in my house this year, and i always went OTT, tombstones in the garden an all that sad

ChopsTheDuck Thu 15-Oct-09 12:56:57

last time we had a halloween party ds really enjoyed it. I did a table full of themed food and he was happy to sit and eat (only issue with food is liquidy food)! Plus he adores balloons so that kept him happy too.

He was terrified of christmas for years, so it's surprising really, you never do know how they are going to react!

good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now