Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I am just so pi88ed off!

(9 Posts)
anonandlikeit Wed 14-Oct-09 15:55:07

I'll say sorry up front as this serves no purpose other than for me to moan.

I ahve taken a day off work today purely to chase reports, get stuff sorted, tie loose ends etc etc.... Anyway all that ahs happened is that I ahve ended up crying with frustration.

Why don't people just...
Write reports when they say they will
Return calls when they say they will
Do referals when they say they will
Not promise what they can't deliver.

I'm so totlay f*cked off, i've used a day of my holiday entitlement & have achieved nothing (other than mumsnetting when waiting for people to call back)

Just what do you do when they hold all the power & you can't get a response from people.

Grrrrrrrrr angry

FranklyIDontGiveAMam Wed 14-Oct-09 17:04:35

You keep your cool is what you do, beause whilst they are all letting your dc's down, you absolutely cannot.

Nothing is fair about having a child with SN. I found out today that the larger pushchairs not only come with a fight, but only come with basic provision and no raincover because it is considered an 'optional extra'. wtf?

Also, you make a list and keep written evidence of them not keeping to what was agreed or promised to use against them in the future.

If you are feeling particularly mean and want to get someone back, you can submit a freedom of information request for something fiddly and annoying, like the dates and times of all email correspondence in a particular department for the last month, - I dunno. At the very least fantasising about doing it can help.

Sorry you're having a rubbish day.

anonandlikeit Wed 14-Oct-09 17:23:57

Thanks Frankly, i know your right, there is nothing else to do except keep slogging on BUT I have list after list & at the moment nothing seems to get ticked off.
I'm just tired, need a good nights sleep & soenone just to DO AS THEY SAY!

TotalChaos Wed 14-Oct-09 17:26:47

what a PITA, it's so frustrating playing phone tag in this unwieldy system. fraid I can suggest nothingt better than noting all this down in case you end up putting in a complaint. oh and some wine/chocolate for this evening!

anonandlikeit Wed 14-Oct-09 17:32:04

Thanks TC, see I know i am tired, went to the shop & didn't get any wine.
It means I will be forced in to having a G&T instead.
I'm just fed up with being bloody secretary for him as well as everything else. DS2 gets more post than the rest of us.
DH walks in the room & says "did you remember to get my car insurance" lucky i didn't throw something at him.

Phoenix4725 Wed 14-Oct-09 18:00:12

Hope you get chance toput your feet up and relax soon

anonandlikeit Wed 14-Oct-09 18:06:02

thanks phoenix, think i need a good nights sleep

PheasantPlucker Wed 14-Oct-09 19:33:17

Hope you have a better evening. I agree, it is crap. x

anonandlikeit Wed 14-Oct-09 19:50:51

just going to cuddle up with ds1 & a g&t & watch the football.
DS2 is rolling around in the hallway.

Thanks everyone, will give myself a kick up the backside & start afresh tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now