Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

I say Toh-ma-tow...You say To-may-tow....I say Ass-per-jers..You say Ass-burgers! Well....what do YOU say!!!!

(10 Posts)
TheRealMrsF Fri 10-Jun-05 22:31:28

I used to say Ass-burgers...cos the man it's named after was austrian...and that i assume is how he'd have said it!!!!!

But then i found people around me kept saying it differently...so i joined the in crowd anmd started saying it differently!!!

Now my friend has been on a training seesion about AS and she was told the ASS-burger pronounciation!!!

So come on (DAVROS!!! )What is the correct way!!!!

Chocol8 Fri 10-Jun-05 22:35:30

Howdy MrsF! Good question - I have heard both prenunciations (?) from professionals, but I tend to say Ass-per-jers.

Thomcat Fri 10-Jun-05 22:39:16

Hmmm, I guess I say - ass-burgers, yep I do - I say burgers.

coppertop Fri 10-Jun-05 22:39:49

There was a really awful Ted Danson comedy (if that's not a contradiction!) where the doctor's receptionist found it hysterical that a patient had Ass-Burgers. I usually say Asper-jers.

kama Fri 10-Jun-05 22:40:05

Message withdrawn

TheRealMrsF Fri 10-Jun-05 22:43:57

Kama....that sound a good compromise!!!

kama Fri 10-Jun-05 22:55:40

Message withdrawn

coppertop Fri 10-Jun-05 22:59:43

That made me LOL kama!

lunarchick Fri 10-Jun-05 23:24:25

what? am confused! what is an ass burger?...i call ds bum a burger...because it looks like a burger bap when i squish it! and a bum is an ass in america right?! ...not on the right track am i?...have probably come completely off the track and am hurtling towards impending collission with tree or into ditch or something...

Jayzmummy Fri 10-Jun-05 23:52:31

Im with kama and say Ass-per-gers too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now