Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Seeing SALT tomorrow for the first time

(5 Posts)
debs40 Sun 11-Oct-09 20:45:05

DS is seeing the SALT tomorrow for the first time at school. He is under assessment for ASD.

I know the SALT doesn't diagnose but is she likely to give me any feedback as to what she thinks the issue is e.g. whether she thinks he might be on the spectrum?

tiredoftherain Sun 11-Oct-09 20:53:47

Hi debs, she might give you some feedback but don't expect it, I think we were a few appointments in before we started to talk about a possible dx, and then it was off the record. I think they are very wary of leading you in any direction.

Hope it all goes well tomorrow for your ds.

FranklyIDontGiveAMam Sun 11-Oct-09 21:33:46

Good luck. Don't have too high expectations. Not saying the SALT is rubbish, but they are unlikely to feel comfortable alluding to anything with such a teeny amount of input.

Instead, see if you can get some ideas of his likely difficulties, rather than his likely dx for now.

janess404 Sun 11-Oct-09 22:06:13

good luck! ask for things to do at home as my appointments often get cancelled or are far apart.

debs40 Sun 11-Oct-09 22:13:12

Thanks guys. Will see how it goes. She is seeing him in class (just to watch) and said she will then see me with him. It is the first concrete input we have had so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now