Advanced search

Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Waiting for proposed statement

(3 Posts)
Militanttendancy Fri 09-Oct-09 22:48:44

Waiting for proposed Statement to arrive, it is due next week, but I guess I may have to wait sometime, with the postal strike and the fact that the LEA have refused to email it to me.angry

I wanted an email copy so that I could strike through anything that shouldn't be there and generally edit it, but no, it is not their policy to email it!

Has anyone had a proposed statement that was fine and that didn't need going through with a fine tooth comb and totally re-writing?

Or any tips/advice on how to check it?

I know that there are Parts 1,2,3,4,5 and 6, but how long should the whole document usually be?

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 10-Oct-09 08:11:39

You must go throught Parts 2 and 3 with a fine toothcomb. These are the most important parts in the whole document; parts 2 and 3 need to be strong.

You DO NOT WANT to see vague or woolly provision becuase it will undoubtedly be in there; it needs to be quantified (with set number of hours). Anything vague in either parts 2 and 3 needs instant rejection and rewriting.

Would suggest you speak to IPSEA about parts 2 and 3; they will tell you what it should say. If SALT is applicable to your child, that should be in Part 2 as well as Part 3.

Part 4 will be blank (it is normal to leave this blank). This is left blank in order for you to name the school you wish your child to attend.

DS's statement is around 7 pages long now.
I am happy with his new and proposed statement (he will start secondary school next yearshock) but have had to get the previous one for Infants rewritten.

IPSEA's website:-

FranklyIDontGiveAMam Sat 10-Oct-09 19:48:09

I'm in the same boat. Waiting until the 9th November though. The Senior SLT has given me her phone number (for another reason which is now resolved) and as she ended the last call, she said 'I'll keep my diary free on the 9th!'. Blimmin cheek. She is expecting me to contest it.

Thing is, - I already know that we are going to tribunal, so I might not bother contesting, but tell them simply that we are poles apart they may as well finalise it so we can move forward to the next, inevitable bit of the process.

I agree to call ipsea as soon as you get it. Their phoneslines are more available in the evenings. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now