Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

Anyone been to Legoland since they introduced Q bots?

(7 Posts)
heartinthecountry Fri 09-Oct-09 22:18:32

Going to Legoland tomorrow with dd1 who has LD. I've just read on their website that people who rent Q-bots, that enable them to reserve a slot in a queue, now use the exits as well as children with SN. Bit worried this means we might have to queue for longer. DD1 does NOT queue.

Anyone experienced this? Am I worrying for nothing?

Thanks!

IdrisTheDragon Fri 09-Oct-09 22:26:05

Hope you don't mind my posting, as I don't have any children with special needs, but I have visited Legoland and used a QBot. I used one at the end of August, on a very busy day at Legoland and for the rides where we used a QBot, we didn't need to queue at all. I don't think that anyone with children with SN would have needed to queue.

Also I should think it won't be as busy tomorrow as August so hopefully less of a chance of any queueing problem anyway.

Hope you have a good day smile

heartinthecountry Fri 09-Oct-09 22:30:22

Thanks Idris - don't mind you posting at all - that's reassuring!

Mumsyof1 Fri 09-Oct-09 23:49:27

If you've got a dx of ASD, you can take a copy of your letter to Customer services at Legoland. They will give the child a hand stamp plus 3 companions and you can go to the Qbot or Exit of every ride - you don't have to pay. We went in August - it was great, made a huge difference to the day.

Mumsyof1 Fri 09-Oct-09 23:51:33

Sorry, just read your message properly. The only ride we had to queue was the water ride where you get absolutely soaked in those little dinghies. You probably won't want to go on that one in October anyway. Have fun.

anonandlikeit Sat 10-Oct-09 17:42:25

No we didin't ahve to queue, we went in summer hols & a couple of times people with qbots were at the exit at the same time as us I think we were still given priority, the staff managed it very well we were in a party of 8 with 2 childrne with sn & we only ahd one funny look all day

ChopsTheDuck Tue 13-Oct-09 16:53:12

Hope you had a good day. Just in case this comes up in the future - if it is really busy you do sometimes have to wait a couple of turns.

On smaller capacity rides they alternate priority for sn and qbot.

On larger capacity rides they will allow so many of each.

This is when it is absolutely at peak, usually in august. We go far to often!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now