Talk

Advanced search

Here some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on SN.

GRR at the teacher who shouted at me today

(5 Posts)
jenk1 Fri 09-Oct-09 16:28:41

DD has hemiplegia and as my house is a 20min walk home she travels by taxi.

so on monday someone from school stopped her taxi parking in the car park,i phoned up the headteacher and he apologised and said it wouldnt happen again.

so tonight im walking up to the car park and i can hear a man shouting dont walk across the car park please its dangerous for children so i turned round and he shouted it again,so i shouted back,my daughter is disabled and we have permission from the headteacher for her taxi to pick her up.

he shouted dont speak to me like that (as if i was a 6 year old) so i said well dont speak to me like that,he carried on saying something but i just got in the taxi.

im livid.

i havent phoned up because its friday afternoon but i need to either speak to the head or write in because now dd is upset thinking shes going to get into trouble.

just wanted to rant, hello by the way i havent been on here for a while.

unfitmother Fri 09-Oct-09 16:32:36

Tosser!
Have you any idea who he was?

madwomanintheattic Fri 09-Oct-09 17:22:23

jenk, that's dreadful!

rude rude rude.

at dd2's last school, the school issued a permit to the parents/ transport of those who had been authorised to utilise the car park. maybe it's worth suggesting this to the ht? not to actually have the permit, you understand, but just for the ht to promote the idea around the teaching staff that there are valid reasons for some parents/ cars using the school car park.

it is enormously frustrating in a small car park to have random (non-entitled lol) parents driving in and blocking everyone becasuse they are a couple of minutes late, etc etc, but rudeness is never acceptable.

i'd be in the office on monday requesting that all staff members are reminded that there are valid reasons (a list circulated...) and that it is never acceptable to be rude to parents.

gah. i hope he went home feeling stupid.

jenk1 Fri 09-Oct-09 17:35:17

yep i know who he is,hes a year 6 teacher.

and its him who stopped dds taxi from going in the other day, i will be in the office first thing on monday morning.

cory Sat 10-Oct-09 10:04:04

You do that, jenk!

Dd had problems with one teacher who refused to open the door through the office for her wheelchair, so she was left in the playground with only the CM's child to push her wheelchair and the only exit three stairs down towards the street where all the cars were passing: the CMs child in a panic pushed her down the steps. No harm done- except to the eardrums of the people in office when the CM found out!!!

But the same teacher was later promoted to deputy head and became dd's greatest advocate: I think the whole incident must have taught him something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now